Absolutely scrumptious and comforting pasta casserole! Creamy, cheesy casserole made with ham, chicken, lot’s of creamy Monterrey Jack cheese sauce, mozzarella cheese and pasta.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSEROLE
Ah comfort food, come to mama! This easy pasta casserole is awesome, it’s actually like a mac and cheese and pasta casserole in one. It’s made with homemade creamy cheese sauce and baked with more cheese on top.
This is a dreamy dish for weekend or a week night dinner. If you have any leftover ham, this is a great way to use it up too.
As soon as the weather starts to get a little cooler, I want to make nothing but baked treats and comfort food. To tell you the truth, I’m getting quite baked out this holiday season. Normally I don’t bake desserts too much, I’m sure some of you noticed that I have much more savory dishes here, on the blog, than desserts and that’s because I don’t make desserts very often.
I’d love to share lots of desserts with you because they are usually very well received but we just don’t have the ability, and the man power, to eat like a cake or a cheesecake every week. It’s just the three of us so I have to wait until we finish the cake or give it away. I’ve sent so many treats to work with hubs, I told them they should just hire me as a personal baker for the staff.
So in between all the baking, I need to throw in a comforting dish here and there. I really, really wanted a pasta casserole this week and I happened to have some ham and a chicken breast left from making stock for soup. Ham…chicken…throw in some cheese and you have a tasty “chicken cordon bleu” dish.
I decided to make a casserole with all the best flavors from chicken cordon bleu and toss it all in an easy homemade cheesy sauce. Homemade ranch dressing goes very nicely here, on top of this casserole. I definitely recommend making some or just use your favorite store-bought ranch dressing.
MORE GREAT PASTA DISHES TO TRY:
Baked Spaghetti from Simply Recipes
Loaded Pizza Past Casserole from The Midnight Baker
One Pot Taco Casserole from Wonky Wonderful
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole
- 1/2 lb dry rotini pasta
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 8 oz ham
- Salt fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz Monterrey Jack cheese preferably block
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Cook pasta, drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Dice cooked chicken breast (you can just cook it in a pan with some salt and pepper while cooking pasta) and add it to the bowl with pasta. Dice ham and add it to pasta as well. Mix until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 1.5 quart casserole dish.
- In a small sauce pot, melt butter and add chicken stock and heavy cream. Stir well and heat through.
- Grate Monterrey Jack cheese into the sauce pot and slowly stir until melted. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Pour cheesy sauce into the bowl with pasta and mix thoroughly. Transfer the mixture into prepared casserole dish and spread evenly. Spread mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let casserole cool for a few minutes and drizzle with some ranch dressing.