This steak sandwich is a way to every steak lover’s heart. Juicy steak layered with blue cheese crumbles, arugula, homemade fried onion rings, and an easy horseradish sauce.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
So, what did everyone think of the Super Bowl yesterday? Whether you were rooting for the Patriots or not, I’m sure that everyone can agree that it was an incredible game. I am so not a Patriots fan but that was one good comeback.
While the football game was breaking all kinds of Super Bowl records, commercials were being all kinds of disappointing. I’ve mentioned several times before that I watch Super Bowl mainly for commercials, so it was extra disappointing to me. Over the last few years, commercials are just getting worse and worse. I really didn’t care for all the movie previews they were showing too. All in all, there were 4, just 4, Super Bowl commercials that I actually liked.
I think the best one was the Melissa McCarthy commercial, it was so funny! I loved Mr. Clean commercial too, I even had to send it to my husband this morning. It is so true, men that clean as totally sexy. The Audi commercial about girls was very nice and inspirational too. I’d say that it’s almost (emphasis on ALMOST) as good as the “throw like a girl” commercial.
But, back to this steak sandwich…
Boy, do I know a way to a man’s heart or what?! Food is definitely the way and more specifically, steak. Nicely seared, juicy, tender piece of steak is a sure way to make every meat lover happy. Make sure to choose a nice piece of steak for this sandwich because it is definitely the star here.
Every element in this steak sandwich comes together in a beautiful flavor combination and compliments the steak perfectly. Crispy onion straws, fresh arugula, flavorful blue cheese, and horseradish sauce all make perfect side kicks to the juicy, seared steak.
Onion Rings, Arugula, and Blue Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Onion Rings:
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup flour
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
- Horseradish sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12-14 oz steak ribeye, sirloin, or NY strip
- Fresh Cracked Black pepper
- 4-5 Tbsp blue cheese crumbles
- Fried onions
- Horseradish sauce
- 2 8- inch sesame baguettes
- Onion Rings:
- Slice the onion into very thin rings. Submerge sliced onion rings in buttermilk and set aside for about 15 minutes. Mix four, salt and pepper in a large shallow bowl. Heat up oil in the large pot to 350 (or use a fryer). Take onions out of the buttermilk and shake them off, lightly. Toss onions in the flour mixture until completely coated. Fry onion straws until golden brown. Take them out onto a paper towel to catch the excess oil.
- Horseradish sauce: Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small measuring bowl and mix until completely incorporated.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. (You can use two 6-7 oz steaks or one large steak.)
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat and add a little bit of oil for cooking.
- Cook steaks until desired temperature is reached, take them out onto a cutting board and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Slice steaks across the grain.
- Spread some horseradish sauce on the bottom half of each baguette.
- Divide steak slices among both sandwiches.
- Top steak off with blue cheese crumbles, then arugula, and then onion rings.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!