Another easy and quick dinner idea that will wake your taste buds and get them dancing!! Classic Scampi made with scallops… Yum!
I had lots of fun hanging out with my sister this week. I get her for a few days several times a year and one time is usually in the summer. She is a busy girl with her dance and school, so I take the few days that I can get. We took full advantage of our time together and had lots of fun, but I had to take her home eventually. On the way back to mom’s, we stopped at the Cracker Barrel for lunch. Have you ever been there? It’s been years since I’ve been there and we ended up spending nearly two hours walking around the shop. That place is trouble if you’re not careful. So much fun stuff! I did end up getting something that I’ve been trying to find for a while. I got a brand new cast iron skillet! (Yes, I do have a
big slight obsession with cast iron cookware but I did need a smaller size, I swear!)
Well, as soon as I got home, I had to put my new toy to a good use! I am such a sucker for scallops… I’m a sucker for any seafood really but scallops are special. I can’t explain it, it’s just love!
I couldn’t think of a better way to “welcome” my new skillet than making one of my favorite classic dishes. It’s so easy and fast, you can enjoy it any day. Scampi can be perfect for a fun family pasta night or a romantic candle light dinner. It’s a classic and never disappoints!
Feel free to be wild and make shrimp and scallops together! Yum!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Scallop Scampi Recipe
- 1/4 lb fresh scallops
- 1/3 lb dry linguine
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small shallots sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice about 1 medium lemon
- 1 tsp fresh minced parsley
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package and set aside.
- Have the rest of your ingredients ready.
- Preheat a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sliced shallots. Saute until onions are transparent. Add minced garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add butter. Once butter is melted, add lemon juice and wine, mix well.
- When the mixture starts to simmer, add scallops. Salt to taste. Cook scallops for about 2-3 minutes on each side, they will turn white. Be careful not to overcook the scallops or they will be robbery.
- Take out the scallops and add linguine and parsley to the pan. Mix it with sauce and saute for just a minute.
- Separate pasta in two and top of with scallops. Enjoy!!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Scallops with Spicy Curry Sauce and Couscous from Table For Two
Carbonara with Pan Seared Scallops from Art and the Kitchen
Lingiune with Sauteed Scallops from Skinny Taste
More Dinner Ideas From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!