These homemade cookies are so good, they should be illegal. Although, everyone would be breakig that law if they were illegal.
These are soft oatmeal cookies made with apples, chewy caramel chunks, and drizzled withn Dulce de Leche! Perfect fall cookies, YUM!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
These cookies quickly became known as “crack cookies” at my house. They are extremely addictive and you can’t just have one at a time. First day that I made them, I told hubby to try the new cookies when he came home from work. He walk into the bedroom finishing the cookie and said that it was really good. I told him to feel free and have more (the more he eats, the less I will) and he said that it was his fourth!!
How in the world did he manage to eat four cookies in less than a minute, I will never know.
Hiding them doesn’t work either, you will frantically look for them with shaky hands! Addiction to these cookies is serious and lasting. It’s been two days since we finished the cookies and we are feeling the withdrawals.
Time to make more!
Oatmeal cookies are already boys’ favorite, adding apples, Werther’s chewy caramels and Dulce de Leche shot it to the top of the charts.
The only way for me to convince you just how delicious these cookies are, is to tell you to make them now! Go, go, go!
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Dulce de Leche Apple Caramel Oatmeal Cookies
These are soft oatmeal cookies made with apples, chewy caramel chunks, and drizzled withn Dulce de Leche.
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped chewy Werther's caramels
- 1 small Gala apple cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of Dulce de Leche for topping
- ~Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a whoopie pie pan. I LOVE mine to make cookies, they come out a perfect size every time. (Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper if you don't have a whoopie pie pan and lightly grease it.)
- Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until just combined.
- Add the oats, mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped caramels and chopped apples until evenly spread throughout the dough.
- Scoop the dough (#16 scoop or about 1/4 cup) onto the pan. (About 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.)
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Let the cookies set in the pan for a couple of minutes. Be careful taking out the cookies as the caramel gets sticky. Line the cooling rack with parchment paper and very lightly grease it. (It will be easier to pick up the cookies as the caramel gets sticky.) Transfer the cookies onto the cooling rack. Cool the cookies.
- Place Dulce de Leche in the piping bag with a #4 attachment and drizzle it onto the cookies.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
More Cookies? Sure!