This rustic Caramel Apple Galette is not only delicious, it is incredibly simple and has only a few ingredients. Perfect Fall dessert to whip up in the morning or before dinner.
I just love how delicious and simple this dessert really is. To tell you the truth, I made it 4 times over the span of two days. That’s a few too many times but lessons were learned with each and every one.
First, I made this beautiful looking galette on the counter and then realized that it will not be easy to transfer it to the parchment paper. Oh boy, it was NOT easy and the whole thing crumbled, and I got upset, and ….well, there was no saving it. Second time, I made sure to transfer the dough before making the pastry. It came out beautiful and delicious and I hurried through taking photos and hated them with passion. Of course, by the time I realized that pictures sucked, it was mostly gone. So there I was, making it again. Third time was a charm and everything went smooth and happy. (Fourth time was just for fun and to take it to my mom.)
Lesson definitely learned to transfer the dough before filling it with apples!
I also used some gorgeous apples that I got at WalMart. My fridge is always filled with apples because I love PB and apple slices as a snack and little man loves him some apples anytime. I’m glad that WalMart’s is proud to carry fresh, farmer picked produce with a 100% money back guarantee. Right now they have some wonderful apples.
Caramel Apple Galette
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium Gala apples or Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- About 2 more Tbsp of caramel for drizzle
- 1 egg white + splash of water for eggwash
- Preheat the oven to 400, line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl of an electric mixer. Chop cold butter into small pieces and add it to flour.
- Start mixing on slow until it looks like coarse crumbs. Add cold water and keep mixing until dough comes together. Transfer onto a work surface and knead a few times. Cover in saran wrap and pop in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Peel, core and slice apples thin.
- Roll out the dough into a circle, about 1/8 of an inch thick. Carefully roll it into a loose tube, place it on the greased parchment paper and carefully unroll it back out.
- Spread caramel all over the dough, leaving a little space uncovered around the edges.
- Lay out apple slices to form a spiral pattern in the center, leaving about an inch and a half of dough to fold.
- Drizzle a little more caramel over apples.
- Fold edges of the dough up, over the apples, all around the circle.
- Whisk egg white with a splash of water and brush the outer edges of the dough. (You won't use all of the egg-wash.)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until apples are cooked and crust is golden.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me:
*Disclosure: I created my Caramel Apple Galette as part of a sponsored post for Walmart Produce and Socialstars #WalmartProduce. All opinions are my own!*