The most delicious asparagus recipe ever. It’s creamy, it’s cheesy, and it’s full of herbs. So delicious, you will fall madly in love with this creamy asparagus.
Any other crazy asparagus fans out there? If you are one, you will LOVE this little treat. I’m hooked, I’m a goner, I’m all about this creamy, cheesy, filled-with-herbs goodness.
I love asparagus and I normally make it my favorite way, roasted with some salt, pepper, garlic, and a squeeze of lemon juice. It’s worked for me as a simple side (and sometimes the whole dinner) for a long time. Yes, once in a while I’ve tried new ways of making it, like wrapping it in prosciutto or bacon, but still went back to the good old roasted with some garlic and lemon way. There is something about those crispy tips that is so addicting.
Well, plain seasoned roasted asparagus, step aside and make way for this cheesy awesomeness. This creamy asparagus is made with Italian herb seasoning and two kinds of cheese. It’s pure heaven and your dinner is not complete without it!
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Creamy Italian Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus 1 bunch asparagus, small/medium thickness
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 and lightly grease a 1.5-2 quart baking pan. (8x8 baking pan should work too.)
- Wash and dry the asparagus stalks. Trim off the white ends, if any. Place asparagus into the baking dish and spread them evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together heavy cream, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and grated Asiago cheese.
- Pour heavy cream mixture all over the asparagus.
- Spread mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. (This is a good time for small to medium thickness of asparagus.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Spinach Gratin from Skinnytaste
Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Bake. Eat. Repeat.
Roasted Lemon Parmesan Broccoli from Diethood
Best Green Bean Casserole from The Novice Chef
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: