*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. #plantprotein *
Broccoli Cheese Casserole is one of the best side dishes ever created. It’s a classic for the Fall holiday season and I’m sharing my version with you.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a holiday dinner classic but you don’t have to wait to make it. I absolutely love this side dish and make it anytime of the year. Of course, I do make it for holidays as well, it’s a must!
In my recipes, I like to go beyond simple cheddar cheese. I love using a mixture of cheeses and I love using cheeses that are big on flavor. In this recipe, I use all white cheeses and bring quite a flavor pop to the dish. I use mainly sharp white cheddar and last time I added some Pepper Jack for an extra “pow.” It was awesome!
Instead of crackers, I like to use Panko crumbs and mix it with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Trust me, once you make this Broccoli Cheese Casserole once, you will be making it every holiday after that!
I also tried using Silk Almond milk last time I made this side dish. You know that I’ve been experimenting with Silk in different types of recipes. While I was makign my Silk smoothie after a run, I thought it would be a good idea to try it in a main dish recipe. It was really good.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 1.5 lbs broccoli floretts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 cups of Silk unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 oz grated sharp white cheddar
- 2 oz grated Swiss cheese
- 3 oz grated Pepper Jack cheese
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Topping: 1 cup Panko crumbs + 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and blanch broccoli florets for about 2-3 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large pot, preheat olive oil over medium heat and add diced onion. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly. SLOWLY, add almond milk, whisking constantly. Keep whisking until sauce thickens.
- Stir in Dijon mustard and grate in garlic.
- Gradually add your cheeses, while whisking, until all melted and smooth.
- Add salt, white pepper and broccoli florets. Mix all well and transfer to the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine Panko and grated Parmesan. Mix well and sprinkle mixture over the casserole.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba at willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
If you enjoy my Silk recipes, I hope you check out more recipes on Silk’s Facebook Page. Better yet, SIGN UP for Silk newsletter:
When you sign up, you will receive:
-$0.75 off any Silk half gallon
– More coupons plus a special birthday offer
– News of Silk sweepstakes and promotions
– Monthly chances to win a year’s supply of Silk
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.