Roasted Brussels Sprouts make the perfect healthy side dish to any dinner. You will love this Italian twist on Brussels sprouts, tossed in olive oil with parsley, salt, and garlic powder, and then roasted with shaved Parmesan cheese on top. It’s a very easy side with a lot of flavor.
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Making roasted vegetables is my go-to side for dinner or even as a snack for myself. There have been many lazy afternoons where I didn’t want to cook a whole lunch for myself so I’d make some roasted cauliflower as my lunch. On the days where I can put in a little more time into cooking, I love making Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts.
It doesn’t take much time to prepare these brussels sprouts, but I do like to take my time and spread the shaved Parmesan cheese evenly over each half of the sprout. Taking an extra minute or two to do that will guarantee that each bite will have an even amount of cheese on top. The end result is well worth the small effort.
These poppable, cheesy bites will be the hit of the dinner table. It would also make a delicious addition to your holiday menu and a welcome healthy option among the sea of comfort food.
HOW TO ROAST BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Before cutting and roasting them, you may need to clean out the sprouts. Some stores sell them already trimmed and outer dark green leaved peeled off but if not, they will need to be trimmed.
Cut each one in half and and transfer into a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt, dried parsley, and garlic powder. Toss it all together until all the sprouts halves are evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
Spread brussels sprouts on the baking sheet in one even layer. Don’t overcrowd them. Make sure that all the halves are turned cut side up to hold Parmesan cheese better. Spread shaved Parmesan cheese evenly over all the halves. (You will want each bite to have cheese on top.)
Roast brussels sprouts at 425° for about 18 minutes. (Time will depend on the size of the sprouts so take away a couple of minutes for smaller ones or add a couple minutes for large ones.)
Make it spicy!
If you want a little spicy bite, add crushed red pepper flakes. Mix it in at the same time as mixing in parsley and garlic powder.
CAN I REHEAT ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
I prefer to reheat Parmesan brussels sprouts in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° and reheat them on a slightly greased baking sheet just until hot, for about 7 minutes.
You can also reheat brussels sprouts in the microwave. Although, microwave can make them soggy.
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES TO TRY:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Trim brussels sprouts if needed and cut each one in half, length-wise.
- Transfer brussels sprouts into a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt, dried parsley, and garlic powder.
- Toss it all together until all the sprout halves are evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
- Spread brussels sprouts on the baking sheet in one even layer. Don’t overcrowd them. Make sure that all the halves are turned cut side up to hold Parmesan cheese better.
- Spread shaved Parmesan cheese evenly over all the halves. (You will want each bite to have cheese on top.)
- Roast brussels sprouts at 425° for about 18 minutes. (Time will depend on the size of the sprouts so take away a couple of minutes for smaller ones or add a couple minutes for large ones.)