Amazing combination of two classic dishes. It’s a perfect union between Seafood Alfredo and Stuffed Shells. Pasta shells stuffed with a mix of shrimp, scallops, crab and cheese, baked in Alfredo sauce.
I can’t believe all the chilly weather we’ve been having this past week. I’ve actually been waking up to high 50s and it’s been nice 70s while I’m running. Perfect weather. Oh how I wish that it lasts and not just tease us for a week then go back to 90s.
All this cool weather is making me want to make nothing but comfort food every day. These Seafood Alfredo Shells would make a wonderful weekend comfort dinner.
Do I really need to say anything here?
Pictures and the name are screaming “YUM!” And after you make and try these shells, you will be screaming the same thing. You’ve got seafood, you’ve got pasta and Alfredo sauce to top it all off. Mmm-mmm-goodness!
Seafood Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 12 - 14 cooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 5 oz claw crab meat
- 4 oz small scallops
- 5 oz shrimp chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh grated Parmesan for topping
- Cook shells until they are almost done and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place diced green onion and Mozzarella cheese.
- In a cooking pan, over medium heat, heat up oil and add diced shallots, chopped tomatoes and minced garlic. Saute veggies until soft and fragrant.
- Add seafood and mix.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste. Cook just until seafood is done (until shrimp are pink and scallops are white). Add veggie/seafood mixture to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- You can make Alfredo in the same pan as you cooked seafood.
- Melt butter in the pan and saute garlic just until fragrant. Add heavy cream and sour cream. Carefully whisk until combined with a silicone covered whisk. Bring to simmer.
- Add cheeses and some salt, mix well. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to the casserole dish.
- Stuff pasta shells with the seafood mixture and carefully place each in the sauce. You can scoop some sauce over the shells as well.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Shells from Eat Cake For Dinner
Three Cheese Stuffed Shells from The Recipe Critic
Mexican Stuffed Shells from A Girl Who Ate Everything
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells from Baked By Rachel
More Delicious Pasta Recipes From Me: