Out of this world delicious baked meatballs that are very easy to prepare in the oven and perfect for weekend or a week night dinner. Juicy, tender meatballs made with beef and pork mixture, roasted garlic and rosemary inside and baked with more garlic and rosemary.
How great are meatballs?!
It’s one of our favorite things to eat and I love making them. It’s always so easy to prepare but results are so comforting and delicious. Changing up flavor combination is always fun too. These meatballs are incredibly delicious and aroma that will fill your house will be intoxicating. Rosemary and roasted garlic is always a pleasing combination to all the senses. Your taste buds will definitely thank you for this dinner.
These beautiful meatballs would be great paired with some homemade mashed potatoes. What I like to do is wait for the meatballs to finish cooking before finishing the potatoes. I cook the potatoes and then set them aside. When meatballs are ready, I add the cooked garlic (that was in between the meatballs) and some of the meat juice right into potatoes as I mash them. Just substitute the water from cooking potatoes for the juice from cooking meatballs. It will be an amazing meal!
Roasted Garlic Rosemary Baked Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely minced
- 1 medium bulb of roasted garlic
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4-5 fresh rosemary springs
- 6 raw garlic cloves
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil for the baking dish
- To roast garlic: Take loose skin off the garlic bulb and cut off the tip of the garlic cloves, still in the bulb. Rub garlic bulb with a little bit of olive oil and wrap it in aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 400, place wrapped garlic on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on the size of garlic bulb. (Note: this step can be made the day before and you can just refrigerate roasted garlic until ready to use.)
- Preheat oven to 350 and rub 2.5 (or 3) quart casserole dish with some olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, egg, bread crumbs, minced onion, minced rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Carefully peel roasted garlic and take out the roasted garlic cloves. Add them to the bowl. Mix very well, until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Roll about 1.5 inch meatballs and place them snugly in the casserole dish.
- Stick individual, raw garlic cloves in between meatballs and add rosemary springs on top.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take off the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes. (Since size of meatballs will vary, time might vary slightly.) You can cut into a meatball to check if it's done.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Smothered Salisbury Steak Meatballs from Mrs Happy Homemaker
Grape Jelly and BBQ Meatballs from I Heart Naptime
Pineapple BBQ Sauce Glazed Meatballs from Diethood
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Meatballs from The Gunny Sack
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: