Oh boy, if its not one thing here, its another! Just as I thought I would get on the roll with posing…everyone gets sick here. So, naturally, I had to take a few days off to take care of my family and then myself.
1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
6 tbs cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 vanilla beans
1/2 cup whipping cream
4 8-ounce packages of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1 cup sugar
3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease a 9-inch spring form, set aside. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. You can use a stand-up mixer or a hand mixer. I used my brand new stand up mixer that I got for Christmas. So exciting!
3. For crust: Crush the graham crackers in the food processor. Mix in the sugar. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla. Mix very well. Press graham crackers into the pan, evenly, all over the bottom and about half way up the side.
4. In a small sauce pot, heat up heavy cream and vanilla beans on medium heat. Take off the heat once starts to boil.
5. Start beating the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, take out the vanilla pods from the heavy cream. Cut the pods lengthwise and scrape out the beans.
7. Add the vanilla beans and the heavy cream into the cream cheese. Add the eggs, beating after each addition.
8. Add the sour cream, sugar, corn starch and vanilla extract. Make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
9. Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan with crust. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until lightly golden and slightly jiggly in the center. Your cheesecake will rise, but don’t worry it will settle down once cooled. Once at room temperature, refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
* I am linking this recipe to ALL the PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!