This stuffed chicken is an easy and light dinner idea
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite easy dinners, Parmesan and Herb Stuffed Chicken! It’s a grilled chicken breast that’s stuffed with a mixture of fresh grated Parmesan cheese and herbs and ready in 30 minutes!
Well, my school started this week. You remember the first day of class when you get the syllabus and listen to the teacher go over all the assignments that are due through the semester…as your eyes widen and you realize you have a hard time breathing. Thinking “holy cow, how am I ever going to get it all done?”
Yeap, that was my Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! Now, I’m sorting through due dates and getting them on all my calendars. I have several calendars just in case. (I’m not crazy, really!)
So, you will be seeing a lot of easy and delicious recipe from me this fall because I don’t have as much time to spend in the kitchen during school. But please, don’t worry, I have time on weekends, so you WILL still be seeing what you are used to seeing on Will Cook For Smiles.
This wonderful and easy Italian chicken dinner is one of my go-to recipes for a busy week night. Parmesan and Herb Stuffed Chicken is full of flavor and can me made in a flash.
You may have noticed that I don’t use a lot of spices and spice mixes in my cooking. I’ve, somewhat, adopted a French cooking philosophy of using herbs instead of extra spices to give food its flavor.
How to make easy stuffed chicken:
Parmesan and Herb Stuffed Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh basil
- 1/2 tbsp of minced fresh dill weed
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine minced herbs, grated garlic clove and some salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside a little bit of herb mixture for rubbing the chicken.
- Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and mix until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts: lay the chicken breast flat on the cutting board, slice the breast in half widthwise right in the center, (DO NOT cut all the way though,) cut almost to the other edge.
- Pack the chicken breasts with the herb mixture, half the mixture in each chicken breast. Press the chicken together, tight. (Repeat with the other chicken breast.)
- Preheat some oil in the skillet on medium heat. Rub the remaining herb mixture over the stuffed chicken breasts. Cook on medium heat until completely done. (about 7-10 minutes of each side, depending on the size of the chicken breast.)
- Top off with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Few More Dinner Ideas: