Amazingly flavorful pan-grilled chicken that is stuffed with a mixture of sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese and rubbed with fresh pesto. Easy, fast and incredibly delicious.
This chicken….oh-my-yum! It has so much wonderful flavors inside and out, it will make you swoon for sure.
I ended up eating this chicken without even a side, and I had some tasty Greek Salad all ready for it. For one, I forgot about the salad after taking the fist bite of chicken. Two, this one stuffed chicken breast is so filling, it satisfies all on its own.
Don’t worry, salad didn’t go to waste. Luckily, I didn’t add dressing to the salad yet and it made a great lunch the next day. In fact, I made it into a meal and I can’t wait to share that recipe with you soon.
So how could I forget about the salad after the first bite of chicken, you ask? There is an explanation! You can probably guess that no new recipe gets eaten in my house until all the photos are taken. You’re right, that’s the rule.
Well, I finished taking the photos and took a nice big bite you see in the photo below. The rest was history. This chicken was SO good, that just set there, at my prop table, eating this delicious chicken. Good thing it was dinner time!
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY:
Garlic Sauce Chicken from Diethood
Mushroom Asiago Chicken from The Midnight Baker
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Sun Dried Tomato Feta Stuffed Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 2/3 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt fresh cracked pepper
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Lay chicken breast flat on the cutting board. Carefully, slide the knife (hold it sideways with blade facing away from you) at the top (wider part) of the chicken breast, in the center, and cut a pocket in the middle. DO NOT slice all the way through the bottom or the sides of the chicken breast. Your ultimate goal is to create a pocket inside the breast with opening at the top. Repeat with all three breasts.
- In a small bowl, mix minced sun dried tomatoes, Feta cheese, oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Stuff each chicken breast with equal amount of tomato/feta mixture, making sure it is evenly distributed through the pocket. Lightly press each chicken breast.
- Rub each chicken with about a tablespoon of pesto.
- Preheat a large cooking pan on medium heat and add vegetable oil. Place stuffed chicken breasts in the pan.
- Cook over medium/ medium-low heat until done making sure that both sides get nice and golden (lots of flavor comes from the chicken cooked to golden brown). This could take 20-30 minutes, depending on thickness of the chicken.
All images and text ©Lyubov Brooke for ©Will Cook For Smiles. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If using my posts in collections and features, please link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate as most ingredients and brands have a slight variation.