Amazingly flavorful pan-grilled chicken that is stuffed with a mixture of sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese and rubbed with fresh pesto. Easy, fast and incredibly delicious.
This chicken….oh-my-yum! It has so much wonderful flavors inside and out, it will make you swoon for sure.
I ended up eating this chicken without even a side, and I had some tasty Greek Salad all ready for it. For one, I forgot about the salad after taking the fist bite of chicken. Two, this one stuffed chicken breast is so filling, it satisfies all on its own.
Don’t worry, salad didn’t go to waste. Luckily, I didn’t add dressing to the salad yet and it made a great lunch the next day. In fact, I made it into a meal and I can’t wait to share that recipe with you soon.
So how could I forget about the salad after the first bite of chicken, you ask? There is an explanation! You can probably guess that no new recipe gets eaten in my house until all the photos are taken. You’re right, that’s the rule.
Well, I finished taking the photos and took a nice big bite you see in the photo below. The rest was history. This chicken was SO good, that just set there, at my prop table, eating this delicious chicken. Good thing it was dinner time!
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY:
Garlic Sauce Chicken from Diethood
Mushroom Asiago Chicken from The Midnight Baker
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Sun Dried Tomato Feta Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts as even in size to each other as possible
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 4 oz sun dried tomatoes in oil oil strained, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley minced
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup pesto to coat chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Lay chicken breast flat on the cutting board. Carefully, slide the knife (hold it sideways with blade facing away from you) at the top (wider part) of the chicken breast, in the center, and cut a pocket in the middle. DO NOT slice all the way through the bottom or the sides of the chicken breast. Your ultimate goal is to create a pocket inside the breast with opening at the top. Repeat with all the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, mix minced sun dried tomatoes, Feta cheese, pesto, and parsley. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper inside each chicken breast pocket.
- Stuff each chicken breast with equal amount of tomato/feta mixture, making sure it is evenly distributed through the pocket. Lightly press each chicken breast. Use a couple of toothpicks to secure the opening of the pocket.
- Rub outside of each chicken with some pesto.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Place stuffed chicken breasts in the pan. Let it sear and flip.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over medium-low heat until done, flipping the chicken half way though, making sure that both sides get nice and golden (lots of flavor comes from the chicken cooked to golden brown). Take the lid off during the last few minutes of cooking. This could take 20-30 minutes, depending on thickness of the chicken.