Chicken Caesar Wrap got all of the flavors and textures you love about the classic Caesar salad but in a soft and warm tortilla. Deliciously seasoned chicken, homemade Caesar dressing, crunchy croutons, crisp lettuce, and freshly shaved parmesan cheese make every bite seriously satisfying.
Chicken Caesar Wrap Recipe
We’ve all had lackluster Chicken Caesar Wraps before. Maybe you grabbed a pre-made one from the grocery store or the cafeteria at work, but either way, you were left still hungry and pretty unsatisfied. That’s why making your own Chicken Caesar Wrap at home is so awesome – you can always ensure that you have crunchy lettuce, seasoned chicken, and the perfect amount of Caesar dressing!
Everyone’s different. Maybe you like lots of dressing, while others prefer for there to be just enough to add flavor. When you make lunchtime staples like this one at home, you can control the ingredients to exactly your liking! In fact, for the BEST results, I highly recommend that you make your own Caesar dressing at home as well. It takes just a few moments of time to stir up and it’s made with simple ingredients, but the flavorful impact it has on the whole wrap just can’t be beat.
Lunch is a meal that’s never given the proper attention it deserves. In the middle of the day, you should always treat yourself to something that’ll actually keep you full until dinner, like a protein-packed Chicken Caesar Wrap! Speaking of dinner, I’ve definitely enjoyed this wrap as my supper more than once. It’s so easy to make, and if you love the taste of Caesar as much as I do, it’s even easier to crave over and over again.
To Make the chicken:
- Chicken Breasts
- Seasonings – You’ll need a medley of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, a pinch of salt, and some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – For the best results, grate the cheese yourself or get freshly grated from the deli.
Caesar Dressing Ingredients:
- Mayonnaise – use your favorite brand.
- Dijon Mustard – Do NOT substitute this with plain yellow mustard.
- Garlic – It’s important to only use fresh garlic cloves for the best aroma and flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- White Wine Vinegar
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice always yields better results than the bottled stuff.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Anchovy Paste – You can use 2 anchovy fillets instead if preferred.
- Seasonings – You only need some salt and freshly cracked black pepper for this dressing.
- Olive Oil
For the Wrap:
- Tortillas – Make sure you buy big burrito sized ones!
- Romaine Lettuce – Try to slice the lettuce into thin shreds.
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Cook the chicken.
Slice the chicken in half horizontally. The goal here is to create two thin chicken cutlets.
Mix the seasonings together in a bowl, then evenly season the chicken on both sides.
Add olive oil to a skillet and heat it over medium heat. Cook the chicken cutlets for about 5-7 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to cool before slicing into thin pieces.
Make the Caesar dressing.
Place all of the ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor.
Pulse the ingredients together and drizzle the olive oil in through the top as you go. When it’s smooth, turn off the processor and scrape the sides as needed.
Assemble the wraps.
Combine the lettuce, chicken, parmesan, croutons, and dressing in a bowl. Toss together to fully coat.
Divide the Caesar salad evenly among the four tortillas. Spread the salad in the middle of each tortilla and leave the edges clear – this will help with rolling.
Roll the wraps tightly, tucking in the sides as you go. Secure with toothpicks, cut in half, and enjoy!
Make Ahead Tips:
Yes, you can make these wraps ahead of time! Just note that the croutons will no longer be crunchy once they’re tossed with the Caesar dressing and stored. I don’t recommend that you make these wraps more than 1 day ahead of time, otherwise the tortilla will get too soggy.
If you’d like to make them ahead of time but don’t want to deal with soft croutons, you can just leave them out and add a little extra lettuce and chicken to each wrap to help bulk them up.
To make them ahead, prepare the wrap completely. After you fold the tortilla into the wrap, tightly wrap it in parchment paper. You can place the wrap into a large zip-top bag or leave it just in the parchment paper. Make sure to refrigerate it until ready to eat! If you’re taking it with you in a lunch box or a picnic basket, make sure to pack it with a couple of ice packs to keep it fresh.
If you wish to meal prep, you can also make the chicken and the Caesar dressing ahead of time. Keep the dressing in an airtight glass container with a jar and keep the cooked chicken in a separate airtight food storage container. Keep both items refrigerated! Properly stored, the chicken will last for about 3-4 days and the Caesar dressing should last up to 7 days.
Chicken Caesar Wrap
- 16-18 oz chicken breast 2 chicken breasts
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp dried Italian seasoning mix
- 1 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon – juice only
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp anchovy paste or 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/8-1/4 tsp black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 large, burrito size, tortillas warmed
- 4-5 oz romaine lettuce leaves sliced thin
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/3-1/2 cup Caesar dressing to taste
- Note: this Caesar dressing recipe makes more than you need for the wraps. You can cut the recipe in half or make the whole batch and store it in an air-tight glass container in the refrigerator. It should last up to a week. (If you decide to cut the recipe, it might not be enough ingredients to blend well.)
- Lay chicken breast flat on the cutting board and place your hand on top of the chicken (keep your fingers up). Carefully, slice the chicken in half horizontally using a sharp the knife. Your goal is to create two thin chicken cutlets. Repeat with both chicken breasts.
- Mix the seasoning for the chicken in a small bowl. Evenly season the chicken cutlets on both sides.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add some olive oil. Cook seasoned chicken cutlets for 5-7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- Take the chicken out of the pan once done, and set aside to cool. Cut the chicken into thin slices of cubes once cooled enough.
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in the food processor.
- Start to pulse the ingredients and slowly drizzle in olive oil through the opening at the top. When it's all smooth, turn off the food processor and scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Combine sliced lettuce, cut chicken, shaved parmesan cheese, croutons, and Caesar dressing in a bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Divide the salad among four tortillas, spreading it in the center but leaving the edges clear.
- Roll carefully but tightly, tucking in sides as you roll. Secure with toothpicks and cut in half.