Amazing, simple and fast salad. Buffalo sauteed jumbo shrimp on a bed of greens and veggies, topped with blue cheese crumbles. This delicious salad is served with homemade blue cheese dressing.
I just realized how long it’s been since I’ve made a buffalo sauce recipe. I realized it when I suddenly started craving some buffalo shrimp.
I don’t know what it is about the buffalo sauce and blue cheese (as well as ranch) combination that is always SO good, but I can’t get enough. Some of my favorite buffalo recipes have been Buffalo Chicken Nachos, Buffalo Chicken Burger, Buffalo Chicken Dip (aka crack dip). Oh goodness, looking at these old posts makes me want to have some nachos right now. It is so good!
But this salad is just as good. It’s a nice, light salad for hot weather. Shrimp is quickly sauteed with some buffalo sauce and tossed on top of cool greens and veggies. I love the vegetable combination here too. Crunchy cabbage, cool cucumbers and soft, ripe avocado.
This salad has some heat to it, of course, since buffalo sauce tends to be spicy. All the veggies here are meant to cool down the spice from buffalo sauce. Avocado is especially great here because it’s very calming to the taste buds against the spice. Creamy Blue Cheese dressing is the final perfect touch to this easy and fast meal.
Buffalo Shrimp Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 5 oz spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Prepare your salads by layering lettuce mix with veggies on top.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Add vegetable oil.
- Wash, peel and de-vain the shrimp while the pan is preheating.
- Add shrimp to the pan and salt to taste. Once shrimp start turning pink, flip them on the other side. Add buffalo sauce and cook until all shrimp turn pink.
- Divide shrimp among the two salads equally and make sure to pour the buffalo sauce on the salad with the shrimp. It will mix nicely with blue cheese dressing.
- Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles over the salads.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and mayo together.
- Whisk in vinegar and milk.
- Add blue cheese crumbles and work them in with a fork, pressing and mixing slightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Strawberry Kale Salad from Peas and Crayons
Kale and Blueberry Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette from A Dish of Daily Life
Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad from Cooking On The Front Burger
Honey Lime Vinaigrette and Apple Berry Pecan Salad from It Bakes Me Happy
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: