Total comfort and a whole lot of flavor! Delicious hot sub sandwich packed with chicken, cheese, and homemade white BBQ sauce.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I’m sitting here, writing about this tasty sub sandwich and stress eating popcorn. Why am I stress eating? Well, today was the first day of back to school for my little guy and it felt like the first day of school ever. You know how hard it is to send your babies to school for the first time and today, I feel like I was reliving it again. This is a whole new school for us and a whole new process. Today, I was introduced to the car drop-off process and after being able to walk him to class for the last 3 years, it was a little tough on both of us.
I had tears in my eyes as I was driving away after he was asking me to walk with him and I couldn’t, and there are other cars around so it’s not like I can linger and see if he will go in with the teacher. It was just heartbreaking! (Lot’s of tears just remembering his face.)
Now, I’m anxiously waiting for the pick up time and keeping myself busy. May be I’ll go and bake a few cakes while I’m at it. It will be a “first day of school stress” bake off! Lot’s of cakes and everything must go. Or, may be I will just keeping sitting in one spot, stress eating my popcorn…
Whether I keep munching on popcorn or not, I know I will be needing my White BBQ Sub sandwich today. It truly is my favorite sandwich. I have two favorites when it comes to subs and it’s Hot Italian Sub and and White BBQ Chicken Sub. A local sandwich shop introduced me to it and I fell in love at first bite. I get it at the shop often but I love recreating my favorites at home and just the way I like it. Being able to make what you love at home is always nice and I love being able to share the recipes so other can do it too!
White BBQ Chicken Subs
- White BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh cracked white pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Creole mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6-8 chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large shallots sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 French bread subs
- About 1/2 cup white BBQ sauce more for dipping or drizzling
- Mix all ingredients for the white BBQ sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook chicken tenders in a saute pan with some salt and pepper, until done. Add shallots about half way through cooking the chicken.
- Let chicken tenders cool until it can be handled. Chop chicken and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add cooked onions, cheese and white BBQ sauce to the chicken. Mix well.
- Slice bread in the middle to stuff it. (Don't cut all the way through.)
- Divide chicken mixture between the subs.
- Sprinkle some more cheese over the top.
- Place subs on a baking sheet and pop them under a broiler until cheese is melted. (Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.)
- You can drizzle a little more white BBQ on top and serve right away.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Crock Pot French Dip Sandwich from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Cheesesteak Sandwich from Life In A Lofthouse
Philly Style Italian Hoagie from Baker By Nature
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwich from A Family Feast
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!