Delicious, light chicken wrap that’s quick and easy to make. This Buffalo Chicken wrap features juicy chicken cooked in buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, and veggies. Oh, and don’t forget the homemade ranch dressing.
If you love buffalo chicken recipes, go try out Buffalo Chicken Salad, Buffalo Chicken Burgers, and Buffalo Ranch Shredded Chicken.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
This might just be the most satisfying thing you ever make for lunch. Large tortillas are stuffed with buffalo chicken tenders, lettuce, tomatoes, crunchy celery, blue cheese crumbles, and the BEST homemade ranch seasoning! Every bite of these bold wraps is filled with protein from the chicken, nutrients from the veggies, and plenty of flavor from both the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.
Lunch is a meal that’s too often ignored and not given the recognition it deserves. For so many people, it serves as just the mandatory stepping stone between breakfast and dinner. Well, that all changes when you have a lunch this good to look forward to! A Buffalo Chicken Ranch Wrap is great for making the day before, that way you can easily grab it and go in the morning. When you eat this flavor-packed wrap for lunch, it’ll really hit the spot and keep you full until dinnertime.
So, why bother making your own ranch? Have you ever been to a restaurant and had ranch that was so good, you wondered why the stuff at home didn’t taste as amazing? That’s likely because the restaurant made it in their kitchen! Homemade ranch dressing has so much more flavor than the store-bought stuff. It’s also so wonderfully easy to make a small batch of it. Trust me, once you start making your own ranch at home, you’ll never go back to the preservative-filled stuff again.
For the ranch:
- Buttermilk – low-fat (1%) buttermilk is the best choice for texture and flavor.
- Sour Cream – I recommend using full fat sour cream for the best, rich consistency.
- Mayonnaise – Full fat mayo works best but choose the brand you love the most.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Clove – fresh garlic cloves is always the best choice.
- Fresh Herbs – Freshly minced chives, dill, and parsley create the best flavor for ranch dressing.
- Seasonings – A simple sprinkle of salt and black pepper is all you need. Fresh cracked black pepper is the best ray to go for bright aroma and flavor.
For the wraps:
- Chicken Tenders – Feel free to use your favorite brand.
- Buffalo Sauce – Any brand will do the trick! Just pick your favorite brand so you already know you’ll like the flavor.
- Veggies – Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and diced celery create the best added flavors and textures for this wrap.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Ranch Dressing
- Tortillas – burrito size, large flour tortillas work great for these chicken wraps, the larger the better. If you want to experiment with flavor, try tomato basil flavored ones as well.
Make the ranch dressing.
Couldn’t be easier! Just whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
Cook and chop the chicken.
Cook the chicken tenders in the buffalo sauce.
Chop the cooked chicken and place it back into the skillet where you cooked it. Salt to taste. Mix the chopped chicken with the sauce left in the pan.
Assemble the wraps.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for just 5-7 seconds. This will help them be much more flexible.
Divide veggies, blue cheese crumbles, and chicken between the two tortillas. Drizzle as much ranch dressing as you’d like right on top.
Roll the chicken wraps carefully, tucking in sides as you roll. Secure with toothpicks and cut in half.
Storing and Make Ahead Suggestions:
You can actually make these buffalo chicken wraps ahead the night before grab them for lunch the next day! I don’t recommend that you make these wraps more than 1 day ahead of time, otherwise the tortilla will get too soggy.
To make them ahead, prepare the wrap completely. After you fold the tortilla into the wrap, tightly wrap it in parchment paper. You can place the wrap into a large zip-top bag or leave it just in the parchment paper. Make sure to refrigerate it until ready to eat! If you’re taking it with you in a lunch box or a picnic basket, make sure to pack it with a couple of ice packs to keep it cool.
If you wish to meal prep, you can also make the chicken and the ranch dressing ahead of time. Keep the dressing in an airtight glass container with a jar and keep the cooked buffalo chicken in a separate airtight food storage container. Keep both items refrigerated! Properly stored, the chicken will last for about 3-4 days and the homemade ranch dressing should last 10-14 days, as long as you used fresh sour cream and fresh buttermilk.
What else can I add to the wrap?
I absolutely love to load it with veggies from time to time! You can always try adding:
- Red onions
- Bell peppers
- Green onions
Buffalo Chicken Wrap with Homemade Ranch
Ranch (makes about 1 cup)*:
- 1/3 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh minced chives
- 1 tbsp fresh minced dill
- 1 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1/4-1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- 6 chicken tenders about 1 lb
- 1 cup winger sauce aka buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 Tbsp Ranch dressing more or less to taste
- 2 burrito size flour tortillas try original or tomato basil flavored
- For Ranch: Whisk all ingredients together until completely smooth.
- Cook chicken tenders in winger sauce until completely cooked, about 15-17 minutes.
- Chop cooked chicken and place it back into the skillet where you cooked it. Mix chicken with the sauce left in the pan. Salt to taste. (You can also shred the chicken if you prefer.)
- If your tortillas are cold then warm them up in a microwave for about 5-7 second to bring to room temperature
- Lay tortillas flat. Divide lettuce, tomatoes, celery, blue cheese crumbles, chopped chicken between the two tortillas. Drizzle on top with ranch.
- Roll carefully, tucking in sides as you roll. Secure with toothpicks and cut in half.
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on August 28, 2011.
Delicious recipe! I poached the chicken in water and shredded it in my stand mixer with buffalo sauce, dried parsley, a little butter and ranch! I used jalapeno cheddar wraps!
Oh yum! I love the addition of jalapeno cheddar wraps. Thank you, Crissy!
genial simplemente genial
Can this be made and then chilled to be packed in a lunch box? My husband is a delivery drive and doesn’t usually have time to stop for lunch, these would be great if they can be served cold
Hi Carli! If your husband doesn’t normally mind cold chicken, then I’m sure it will be a great option for him. Just in case he doesn’t like cold chicken breast, you can always substitute deli sliced chicken and add a little buffalo sauce. You can wrap it in some parchment paper and pack it in a brown bag for him.
I hope he enjoys it! 🙂
This looks so good. I can’t wait to try it out. I am really looking forward to making the Ranch dressing!
Thank you so much, Latisha!
Oh these are definitely on my list to make soon! I can’t wait to make my own ranch dressing too. Thanks for sharing.
I love a great wrap. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
If you have a minute I would love if you would enter my custom made Pinstripe skirt GIVEAWAY.
And is it really THAT easy to make buttermilk ranch? I just love ranch. I would swim in it, like Scrooge McDuck through his piles of money.
Is it just me?
Kate @ craftwhatever says
Thanks for posting this great idea. My son said he ate buffalo chicken wraps at school last week and claims he loves them. I think I will try them at home for dinner one night!
Yvonne @ StoneGable says
I can just taste the tangy goodness of this wrap! Thanks for bringing your flavor filled wrap to ON THE MENU MONDAY.
Gail @ Faithfulness Farm says
Oh, my son would LOVE this 🙂
Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. says
Looks like a great thing for us to have on our boat on lake weekends. Thanks.