Delicious, light lunch idea that’s quick and easy to make. This Buffalo Chicken wrap is made with chicken cooked in buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles and veggies. Oh, and don’t forget the homemade ranch dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
I just love buffalo chicken anything. I always try to make it in different ways…salads, nachos, sandwiches..etc. The combination of wing sauce, blue cheese crumbles and ranch dressing is just the best. This chicken wrap is something I make for myself for lunch quite often. It’s very simple, light and satisfying to my taste buds and tummy alike.
I’ve started to make my own ranch dressing as well and it’s not just a much better tasting option, it’s also convenient to make a small batch of dressing right wen you need it. Once you starting many your own, you can’t turn back because no store-bought dressing will taste as good.
How to make buffalo chicken wrap:
For Ranch: Simply whisk all ingredients together until completely smooth.
You can prepare it ahead of time and store in in the refrigerator, in a jar with a lid. You can keep it for 5-7 days.
For the wrap: Cook chicken tenders in buffalo wing sauce until completely cooked, about 15-17 minutes. (Time will depend of size of tenders.)
If your tortillas are cold then warm them up in a microwave for about 5-7 second to bring to room temperature. Don’t try to wrap a cold tortilla because there is a high chance it will crack.
Chop cooked chicken and place it back into the skillet where you cooked it. Mix chicken with the sauce left in the pan. Salt to taste.
Lay tortillas flat. Divide lettuce, tomatoes, celery, blue cheese crumbles, and chopped chicken between the two tortillas.
Drizzle ranch dressing over the top.
Roll carefully, tucking in sides as you roll. Secure with toothpicks and cut in half.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap with Homemade Ranch
Ranch (makes about 1 cup):
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp fine grated onion
- 1 finely grated large garlic clove
- 1 tsp fresh minced chives
- 1 tsp fresh minced dill
- 1 tsp fresh minced parsley
- salt pepper
- 6 chicken tenders
- 1 cup winger sauce buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 Tbsp Ranch dressing
- 2 large tortillas try original or tomato basil flavored
- For Ranch: Whisk all ingredients together until completely smooth.
- Cook chicken tenders in winger sauce until completely cooked, about 15-17 minutes.
- If your tortillas are cold then warm them up in a microwave for about 5-7 second to bring to room temperature
- Chop cooked chicken and place it back into the skillet where you cooked it. Mix chicken with the sauce left in the pan. Salt to taste.
- Lay tortillas flat. Divide lettuce, tomatoes, celery, blue cheese crumbles, chopped chicken between the two tortillas. Drizzle on top with ranch.
- Roll carefully, tucking in sides as you roll. Secure with toothpicks and cut in half.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Don’t forget to sign up for email,so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on August 28, 2011.