Juicy, crispy baked chicken tenders made with gluten free bread crumbs and lemon pepper seasoning. These tasty tenders are served with an easy lemon pepper dill dip.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Do you have kids who practially live on chicken tenders too? I’m realizing more and more, from talkign to other parents, that chicken bites and chicken tenders are one of the only things that young kids eat. My sister was one of those kids for many years, eating not much else other than chicken tenders. My son would also choose chicken tenders over most other foods.
I’m not gonna lie, I love some nice, crispy, juicy chicken tenders too. When little man and I went out to eat a few days ago, his BBQ chicken tenders looked and smelled so good that I almost sacraficed hours of pain for a tender. I didn’t do it of course, but the craving didn’t go away.
A couple of days later, I realized that the only way to get rid of my craving was to give in and figure out a way to have some. Take out and restaurant was out of the question because it’s impossible to find truly gluten free chicken tenders out there. And, since I don’t know of any 100% gluten free restaurants out there, it’s savest to make them at home.
I’m definitely still learning all the gluten free ways and what brands and products are safe to eat. Luckily, so many major brands now make gluten free products, so it’s easy to make susbtitutions. I found gluten free bread crumbs very quickly at a major grocery store but the seasoning is always questonable.
I’ve been on this lemon pepper kick lately so I wanted to try lemon pepper seasonign on breaded, baked chicken tenders. Since many seasoning mixes have gluten in them, and even more seasoning mixes list ingrediets in them that I can’t pronouce or know what they are, bringing lemon pepper flavors from actual lemon and fresh cracked pepper was a much better way to go.
And yes, lemon pepper flavors do work very, very well in some cripsy baked chicken tenders. Serving a simple lemon pepper dill dip with these tenders only enhanced the flavors of the chicken. The whole dish is simple to make and quite tasty.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
Lemon Pepper Baked Chicken Tenders (Gluten Free Recipe)
- 6-8 chicken tenders
- 1 1/4 cups GF bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp fresh cracked peppercorns**
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- Dash of Fresh cracked peppercorns
- Dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill weed
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one shallow, wide bowl, mix bread crumbs, lemon zest, salt and 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of fresh cracked peppercorns. In another shallow, wide bowl, whisk together an egg, salt, and some fresh cracked peppercorns.
- Bread chicken tenders one at a time by first pressing it in bread crumb mixture, then dipping it in the egg mixture, and then back into bread crumb mixture. Press the bread mixture onto the tenders gently and lay them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping the tenders half way through. Bake time will depend on the size of the tenders.
- While chicken tenders are baking, whisk all the ingredients for the dipping sauce together.
- **Note: you can use fresh cracked black pepper instead of peppercorns. You can also use regular bread crumbs instead of gluten free ones.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Coconut Chicken Tenders with Mango Honey Mustard from Wicked Spatula
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders from Diethood
Honey Garlic Crunch Chicken Tenders from Spend With Pennies
Chicken Crispers from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes From Me: