Easy pasta dish that’s so full of flavors, you can’t stop eating it. Chicken breast cooked with lemon pepper spices and served on top of pasta that’s been tossed in lemon pepper sauce.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
You ask for an easy dinner and I deliver! Well, I don’t actually deliver the meal but I “deliver” the recipe. Before you “boo” me for psyching you out about delivery, this really is very easy to make and SO tasty!
It’s lemon pepper seasoned chicken on top of fettuccine that has been cooked in lemon pepper sauce. And in my case, lemon pepper seasoning was homemade. Hubs thought it was so fancy that even the lemon pepper seasoning was homemade but what he didn’t know was that it was only homemade because I didn’t have any store-bought one. Sometimes my family thinks that I’m all “Martha Stuart” and make homemade everything, but really, most times I just don’t feel like going to the store over one ingredient.
I was really craving something lemon pepper and really did not feel like going to the store to get the seasoning. I got online and found this recipe for making homemade lemon pepper seasoning. I had a bunch of lemons and I always have salt and whole black pepper. I just cut that recipe in half and made me some seasoning. Fancy-schmancy or not, this is a really tasty dish.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Fettuccine
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 6-8 oz fettuccine
- Save 3 Tbsp of water from cooking pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 large leek
- Water from cooking pasta
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Green onions for topping
- Cook pasta, drain and set side. Make sure to save a little bit of pasta water.
- Cut off the dark green leaves off the leek and the very bottom by the roots, discard what you cut off or save it for making homemade vegetable stock. Wash the leeks and cut them length-wise in half. Thinly slice the leek halves into half circles. Set aside.
- Preheat a medium cooking pan, over medium heat. Add some vegetable oil.
- Cut chicken breast in half, width-wise, and season each side generously with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cook seasoned chicken breasts until done. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same cooking pan, add butter and sliced leek and cook until golden, stirring often. Season with a little bit of salt.
- Once leeks are cooked, add pasta water, chicken stock and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add lemon pepper seasoning, mix and taste if you need to add any more salt.
- Stir in pasta into the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken and either mix it into the pasta or add it on top of pasta.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese on top. Add some diced green onion on top as well. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine from Lil Luna
One-Pan Fettuccine Alfredo from No. 2 Pencil
One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Fettuccine from Whole and Heavenly Oven
Creamy Pesto Alfredo Fettuccine from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!