Easy pasta dish that’s so full of flavors, you can’t stop eating it. Chicken breast cooked with lemon pepper spices and served on top of pasta that’s been tossed in lemon pepper sauce.
LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN FETTUCCINE
You ask for an easy dinner and I deliver! Well, I don’t actually deliver the meal but I “deliver” the recipe. It is very easy to make and SO tasty, you will have no trouble with this lemon pepper chicken at all.
It’s lemon pepper seasoned chicken on top of fettuccine that has been cooked in lemon pepper sauce. Lemon pepper seasoning is also homemade. Hubs thought it was so fancy that even the lemon pepper seasoning was homemade but what he didn’t know was that it was only homemade because I simply didn’t have any store-bought in the pantry.
Sometimes my family thinks that I’m all “Martha Stuart” and make homemade everything, but really, most times I just don’t feel like going to the store over one ingredient.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PEPPER SEASONING
Next time you’re frantically looking for lemon pepper seasoning in your pantry, don’t panic. You can easily make homemade seasoning and there are only 3 ingredients.
You will need lemons, whole peppercorns or ground black pepper, and coarse salt.
First thing to do is zest 4 lemons and dry out the zest. Spread lemon zest in a baking sheet, on top of parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 170, which is the lowest setting most oven will go now. Place the baking sheet in the oven and let the lemon zest dry out completely. It takes about 30 minutes.
Once lemon zest has dried, combine it with peppercorns and coarse salt in an herb grinder and blend. (Psst, I actually use my coffee grinder as an herb grinder and it works perfectly well.)
Use what you need for the recipe and store the rest in an air-tight glass jar.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY:
One-Pan Fettuccine Alfredo from No. 2 Pencil
One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Fettuccine from Whole and Heavenly Oven
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Fettuccine
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 6-8 oz fettuccine
- Save 3 Tbsp of water from cooking pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 large leek
- Water from cooking pasta
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 tbsp Green onions for topping
- Cook pasta, drain and set side. Make sure to save a little bit of pasta water.
- Cut off the dark green leaves off the leek and the very bottom by the roots, discard what you cut off or save it for making homemade vegetable stock. Wash the leeks and cut them length-wise in half. Thinly slice the leek halves into half circles. Set aside.
- Preheat a medium cooking pan, over medium heat. Add some vegetable oil.
- Cut chicken breast in half, width-wise, and season each side generously with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cook seasoned chicken breasts until done. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same cooking pan, add butter and sliced leek and cook until golden, stirring often. Season with a little bit of salt.
- Once leeks are cooked, add pasta water, chicken stock and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add lemon pepper seasoning, mix and taste if you need to add any more salt.
- Stir in pasta into the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken and either mix it into the pasta or add it on top of pasta.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese on top. Add some diced green onion on top as well. Serve immediately.