Insanely delicious Buffalo Chicken Nachos made with crispy tortilla chips, spicy buffalo sauce coated shredded chicken, blue cheese, veggies, more cheese and buffalo ranch dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
For Cinco de Mayo, we went out with a few friends to a local restaurant that served some awesome nachos. It was the BIGGEST plate of chicken nachos that I’ve ever seen. It was loaded with cheese, veggies and shredded chicken that was cooked in a tomato sauce. Ever since Cindo de Mayo, I’ve been craving some cheesy, buffalo chicken nachos.
I decided to treat us to some nachos for lunch but I made with with all the wonderful flavors of buffalo chicken wings. Sharing a big plate of nachos for lunch is so fun. After all, having appetizers for lunch or dinner is always fun. It may not technically be a complete dinner or lunch but it’s fun to rebel once in a while and have dessert first or eat some appetizers as a meal.
All 3 of us enjoyed these nachos and they were gone in a flash!!! Little man loves the cheesy chips and we loved it all.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Nachos:
This nacho recipe uses cooked chicken. Cooking chicken can be done ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
For the chicken, simply cook it in the pan with some salt and pepper until done. Shred chicken and either use right away or store in the fridge.
In a small pan, heat up wing sauce and add shredded chicken and mix it with sauce, cook for a few minutes. Take off heat.
Preheat the oven to 375. Use an oven-safe tray or a baking sheet to prepare nachos.
Start layering the nachos:
-spread 1/2 the chips
-then spread 1/2 the blue cheese and 1/2 the chicken over chips
-next, spread 1/2 the lettuce and spread 1/2 the tomatoes
-then spread 1/2 the celery
– drizzle 1/2 the buffalo ranch dressing
Repeat the next layer, leaving some fresh veggies and buffalo ranch dressing for spreading after nachos have been baked.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and bake for 10-13 minutes.
Update: if you do not want to add lettuce in the middle to get warm, simply skip it and just add it to the top after the nachos have been baked.
Try using homemade ranch dressing on these nachos.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 13 oz bag of baked tortilla chips
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup Blue Cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- For the chicken, simply cook it in the pan with some salt and pepper until done. Shred chicken and either use right away or store in the fridge.
- In a medium cooking pan, over medium heat, heat up wing sauce.
- Add shredded chicken and mix it with sauce, cook for a few minutes. Take off heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Use an oven-safe tray to prepare nachos.
- Start layering the nachos:-spread 1/2 the chips
-spread 1/2 the blue cheese and 1/2 the chicken over chips
-spread 1/2 the lettuce
-spread 1/2 the tomatoes
-spread 1/2 the celery
- drizzle 1/2 the buffalo ranch dressing
- Repeat the next layer, leaving some fresh veggies and buffalo ranch dressing for spreading after nachos have been baked.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Spread remaining fresh veggies over the top and drizzle some buffalo ranch dressing over the top.
- If you do not want to add lettuce in the middle to get warm, simply skip it and just add it to the top after the nachos have been baked.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on May 29, 2011.
Warm lettuce is disgusting
You won’t actually be cooking the lettuce, the lettuce is added after the nachos are pulled out of the oven. So the lettuce will still be cool.
Six Sisters says
YUM! What more can we say!! We would love to have you come share your great ideas at our weekly link party every Saturday! -The Sistershttp://www.sixsistersstuff.com
Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted says
Pinning! I am a nacho freak!
Made these for father’s day supper tonight. They were a hit, I changed the recipe slightly but the basic idea was the same, will be making these again for sure.
so–i was thinking about what i should make for dinner tonight and i thought pizza…but i don’t have any meat for it. then i saw these nachos and now i think i will make buffalo chicken pizza..using your recipe..because i have chicken from last night’s supper. fabulous idea! thank you for linking up to tuesday night supper club!
Le Chateau des fleurs says
I am thinking of making it tomorrow!Thanks so much for linking up! I would love to see my button also.XOXO
Looks so good! How do you grill the chicken breasts to keep them from drying out so much? Also what is winger sauce (is that a type of brand?). Thanks so much! Jenny
omg. my husband would LOVE these! may be making a trip to the store soon!! thanks for sharing 🙂
Oh my word, making these this weekend! Thanks for linking this to Fat Camp Friday, see you next time!
My mouth is watering! Will definitely give those a try soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe at the Tuesday To Do Party! Hope to see you there again soon!smiles!Jami