Refreshing peach iced tea is the best during the hot summer days. This is a delicious experiment of bringing a little of the smokey grill flavor into a drink.
At this point in my life, I consider myself a pretty good cook. I’m confident with my cooking and baking skills, and mostly confident in my grilling skills. Yet, when I watch cooking shows that have kids competing in the cooking competition, I get a little sad that there are so many young kids that can totally out-cook me.
If you haven’t seen the Chopped Junior or Kid Grilling Championship shows yet, I highly recommend that you watch it because they are awesome. It really is cool to see these kids who are like 10-15 years old handle themselves in the kitchen like pros. Not just handling chef knives and appliances, but also knowing uncommon and rare ingredients. It’s amazing but it does get a little sad at times, when kids talk about properly preparing ingredients that I’ve never heard of.
Chopped Junior show I’ve been watching for years but the new one, Kids Grilling Championship, I just started watching. These kids already have their own special seasoning mixes, special sauces, and come up with some creative recipes at their age. There are actually two ideas that I’ve already tried from this show. I’ve made a grilled watermelon with balsamic reduction and feta cheese, which wasn’t bad. It was different but with some adjustments and additions, it will develop into a fun side dish.
Another idea that I’ve tried and LOVED, was to bring some smokey, grilled flavor into drinks. I’ve made deserts and side dishes with grilled ingredients before but I’ve never thought about adding grilled fruit to drinks. It really is a delicious idea!
You can add grilled fruit to your favorite summer refreshments, whether it’s alcoholic or not. Next time you’re making a lemonade, try throwing a few lemon halves on the grill first. Add some grilled pineapples or mangoes to your tea and lemonade for a smokey tropical flavor. Or, grill the peaches before adding them to your favorite sweet peach iced tea!
Grilled Lemon Peach Iced Tea
- 4-5 ripe peaches
- 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 14 cups hot water
- 4 black tea bags 3 for less strong tea
- 2/3 cup sugar more if you like your tea sweeter
- **For tea, use iced tea bags not regular tea bags because they hold a much larger amount of tea. If you wish to use regular tea bags, just remember that you will need several more bags.*
- Preheat your grill and make sure it is clean and greased so the fruit doesn't stick to it.
- Slice lemons into thick slices and cut the peaches in half. Place lemon slices and peach halves onto the grill (place peaches cut side down first.)
- Once fruit has softened and got some nice grill marks on it, flip it onto the other side. Drizzle some honey onto the cooked side of the peaches. Let them cook for a few more minutes. Carefully take fruit off the grill and into a pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher with hot water and add tea bags.
- Stir in sugar while water is hot.
- Let the tea bags steep until the tea reaches a deep tea flavor. (If you will be serving this tea over ice, make it strong.)
- Discard tea bags once the desired tea strength is reached.
- *Discard lemon slices once the tea has cooled to room temperature. Lemon is quite strong and if you leave lemon slices in there the whole time, lemon flavor will become overwhelming.
- Once tea is cooled to room temperature, transfer the pitcher to the refrigerator. Keep refrigerated.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Drink Recipes From Me: