Strawberry Lime Infused Iced Tea is a delicious way to refresh on a summer afternoon. Just pour yourself a glass of iced tea that has been infused with fresh strawberries and lime and cool down.
My favorite time of the day has been relaxing on the balcony. Ever since I’ve remade it into a little nook to relax in, it’s been a very nice place to sit back and read or eat. Little man and I have been having a brunch break there a couple of times a week and hubs and I like to enjoy a glass of wine on a balcony after a long day.
I’ve always wanted a patio because it’s just so relaxing, but living in an apartment makes it very hard to have a private spot outside. So balcony is my best option right now. It’s just enough for a couple of us to enjoy an outdoor brunch, or “balcony snack time” as my little guy calls it.
During summer, I like to keep cold drinks in the fridge just for spending time outside. I always have ice coffee, iced tea and sangria on hand. It makes it kind of fun to play around with flavor options too. My favorite iced teas have been ginger peach and this strawberry lime infused flavors. The process might seem like it takes a while but trust me, you can wait a day because the taste of slow infusing the tea is worth it! Plus, it’s very easy and not much effort required to make it.
Strawberry Lime Infused Iced Tea
- Little less than 2.5 quarts of water for a 2.5 quart pitcher
- 4 bags of unflavored black tea
- 1/2 lb strawberries sliced
- 1/2 large lime
- 3-5 tbsp sugar depending on how sweet you like your tea
- Start by boiling water for the tea.
- Add hot water to the pitcher and add tea bags.
- Let tea bags steep for 10-13 minutes. You want the tea to be a little strong if it will be served over ice.
- Take out tea bags, stir in sugar and let tea cool to room temperature.
- Slice strawberries and lime thin and add it to the pitcher with tea.
- Cover with saran wrap (or a lid if your pitches comes with one) and refrigerate overnight.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!