Amazing snack to serve at your Super Bowl party and every other party! Homemade soft, salted pretzels served with delicious creamy buffalo sauce made with Greek yogurt and blue cheese crumbles.
Planning a Super Bowl party?
Whether it’s a huge party or a party with your TV and a remote, you WILL want to be snacking on these soft pretzel twists and definitely pair it with this fabulous creamy buffalo dip. In fact, make extra dip because it will be wonderful with chips and veggies just as well.
If you are wondering, these pretzel twists ARE totally worth every minute put into them. My little man and I have an unbelievable weakness for soft pretzels. They are fantastic and if you don’t agree, I don’t want to know! They are also very, very addicting and you should be careful. Yes, that is a formal warning…you won’t even notice how many you can eat in one sitting. I was quite surprised and a little embarrassed to look down and see that little man and I were reaching for the last one. (Of course, there was the other batch in the oven, but still.)
Homemade Soft Pretzel Twists
- 1/4 oz packet dry active yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for surface)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp baking soda
- Deep wide cooking pan filled with water 2/3 or the way
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Coarse salt
- Mix yeast and sugar in a bowl. Add warm water and whisk until sugar dissolves. Let yeast bloom for about 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl of an electric mixer. Mix chopped, cold butter into flour on low speed until mixture starts to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Slowly pour yeast mixture into flour mixture, while still mixing on low, until just combined. Using your hands, gather dough together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until no longer sticky, for a couple of minutes. Place in a medium bowl and cover with plastic. Let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Divide dough in smaller, manageable pieces. Roll each piece into about 1/4 inch thick rope. Cut the rope into about 5-inch long pieces. Flatten each piece and twist.
- Place twists to a lightly greased baking sheet and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring a large, deep cooking pan of water to a boil and add baking soda, stir well. Boil pretzel twists in batches until puffed, about 30-45 seconds.
- Take out onto a paper towel and return to baking sheet.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake until golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Blue cheese crumbles
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- Whisk yogurt and buffalo sauce together.
- Add blue cheese crumbles and mix well with a fork, mashing it a bit.
- Mix in parsley and salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Peanut Butter Football Dip from Crazy For Crust
Meatball Pretzel Bites from The Gunny Sack
Garlic and Herb Cheese Bombs from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Buffalo Chicken Cups from Just Us Four
Buffalo Meatball with Blue Cheese Dip from Shugary Sweets
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: