Amazing chicken dip recipe that’s cheesy and bursting with ranch flavor! This Spicy Chicken Ranch Dip baked in a skillet and packed with juicy chicken, cheese, green onions, cream cheeses, and Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch mix.
Chicken Ranch Dip
This is one of my favorite spicy dips and I can’t believe that I haven’t shared it yet. This chicken dip is finger-licking-good and guaranteed to please your whole family. The ingredients are kid-friendly and adult-friendly, so there should be no nose turning at the table.
I usually make this dip with regular Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix packet but I was in a mood to try something different so I put a little twist there and made it spicy. It turned out great! But, if you don’t feel like making it spicy, use the original ranch dip mix, that is what I usually use.
The secret to this mouth-watering dip is that the chicken is cooked in some of the seasoning to golden brown and then the remaining mix packet goes into the dip. The dip is mixed very well and then goes back into the same skillet that the chicken was just cooked in. This way, all the wonderful grilled chicken flavors go right back into the dip while it’s baking.
I do want to mention something for all of you who try to make substitutions. Be very careful when you try to substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream. As I mentioned before, it is not an equal substitute! Greek yogurt will not work here. It will give you a grainy, chalky texture and a sour taste. I love Greek yogurt and that’s why I try using it in my recipes, but it doesn’t always work.
Other appetizer recipes you might like:
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Chicken Ranch Dip
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken tenders
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning split in two
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup Italian mix shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian mix shredded cheese for topping
- Add the oil to your oven-safe skillet and preheat it on stove-top, on medium heat.
- Coat the chicken tenders in the seasoning mix, evenly. Cook it on medium heat, flipping half way through, until golden brown and completely cooked.
- Take out the chicken and place it on the cutting board to cool down, so it can easily be handled.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo until evenly combined and smooth.
- Add the chopped green onions, cooked chopped chicken, shredded cheese and the remaining 1/2 packet of the ranch seasoning mix. Mix very well using a spatula, until all evenly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Make sure that there is enough oil remaining in the skillet. If not, add about 1/2 more tablespoon and make sure that it's distributed all over the skillet and on the sides.
- Transfer the dip mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly. Top off with 1 cup of shredded cheese evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese on top starts to bubble. If you want the cheese to be a little more golden, turn on the broiler for 50-60 seconds. (Make sure that your rack is not in the top position and if it is, broil for much less time.)
Originally posted on Will Cook For Smiles on March 20, 2014.