“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #gotortillaland “
Amazing light snack that’s made with homemade, cool ranch flavored, baked tortilla chips. These Nachos are layered with lettuce, tomato, crispy bacon and topped with ranch dressing.
I found a new way of making some chips at home! It may not be completely new to everyone but to me it is. I don’t even know what took me so long to buy raw tortillas and realize that they make great baked chips. Nevertheless, I got a chance to try some TortillaLand flour tortillas and to play around with some creative ways to use them. When thinking tortillas, first things that come to mind are quesadillas, taquitos, enchiladas and tacos. I was challenged to get a little more creative. So there go my favorite quesadillas, but was I up for the challenge.
First, I wanted to try making some chips and I did not want to fry them. I spend a day trying best ways to make these chips and by the fourth batch, I was in love. As a matter of fact, I had to make some extra chips before I made my nachos because we kept munching on the chips and I couldn’t save enough for nachos. Here are a couple of tips I got from my trial runs:
1. Raw flour tortilla chips puff up while baking, so make sure to poke holes through tortilla with a fork.
2. Lower heat for a little longer bake time seems to get sturdier, crispier chip.
3. Don’t bake for longer than 13 minutes because they start to burn quite quickly. (That’s for a regular electric oven, convection ovens cook faster.)
4. Flavor before baking for superior taste results.
I’m so happy that I ran over to Costco to find these tortillas and I thank the manager of the food section, that happen to walk by and saw a lost look on my face. See, I haven’t been to my local Costco in quite a while and they rearranged a few things in there. So as I was looking for these raw tortillas, a manager spotted me and helped right away. He happened to be a big fan of TortillaLand tortillas too. We both love the fact that TortillaLand tortillas only have 5 simple ingredients that are well known and easy to pronounce (wheat flour, water, canola oil, salt and sugar). It’s always a big selling point for me.
You can’t miss a chance to try these ranch tortilla chips and nachos with TortillaLand tortillas, that’s why you have a chance to win a $50.00 gift card to Costco. See the details below the recipe!!
- 4 medium raw flour TortillaLand tortillas
- About 1/4 packet of Ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups finely shredded Lettuce
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- 8 crispy bacon strips crumbled
- 3 Tbsp Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 325 and lightly grease a large cookie sheet. (You may have to use two sheets or make chips in batches.)
- Lay tortillas on the counter, side by side not on top of each other. Take a fork and poke holes all over the tortillas, just be careful not to rip the tortillas.
- Sprinkle tortilla with ranch dressing seasoning mix, use it as generously or as lightly as you want.
- Cut tortillas in 8s, like pie.
- Lay seasoned tortilla triangles on the cookie sheet in a single layer, snug but not overlapping. (You may have to use two sheets or make chips in batches.)
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Once chips are cooled, make nachos. Spread half of chips in a serving dish. Spread half of lettuce, tomato and bacon bits over the top. Drizzle some dressing over the top. Layer remaining chips over the top and remaining lettuce, tomato and bacon over the second chip layer. Drizzle remaining ranch dressing.
- Serve right away.
For a chance to WIN a $50.00 gift card to Costco, all you have to do is share your creation using TortillaLand tortillas with me on any of my social media networks. So run out to your local Costco, pick up some TortillaLand tortillas and make whatever you want. Use my Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to share with me what you made and you will have a chance to get the gift card!
Make sure to check tortillafan.com to find the Costco near you that carries these fabulous tortillas!
This contest is open for all my readers 18 years old and up and will run from 1/21/16 to 2/12/16. Winner will be chosen on February 12th, 2016!
UPDATE: Winner has been chosen, and it’s Susan C.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of TortillaLand. The opinions and text are all mine.