Buffalo Chicken Dip is a perfect dip for any party. Always a crowd-pleaser, this dip is made with a combination of tender white chicken meat that’s been cooked in buffalo wing sauce mixed with cream cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, and Blue cheese crumbles results in an amazing dip. Add some fresh green onions into the mix and serve with your choice of crackers, tortilla chips, or veggies.
There are many dips that are good to serve at the party and the ones that I serve the most are Spinach Artichoke Dip, Chicken Enchilada Dip, and Spicy Chicken Ranch Dip. All of these are hot dips and they are all very popular with the guests.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Hope everyone had great holidays!
Returning to work is always hard after a long break but it’s fun to hear how everyone’s holidays went. Food and family drama are always to two main toppings to coves in the holiday talk. One of my friends especially could not spot talking about the food, but especially the “crack dip” that her sister made.
After she was done describing the dip, I noticed that I was starving and that dip is all I wanted. Turns out that it’s the buffalo chicken dip that she called “the crack dip” and it truly is addicting. Once you taste it, it’s very hard to stop.
Once I made this Buffalo Chicken Dip, it instantly make top of the charts with the family. This will be the dip that I serve at every Super Bowl party, holiday party, and perhaps for dinner a few times a week.
A combination of tender white chicken meat that’s been cooked in buffalo wing sauce mixed with cream cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, and Blue cheese crumbles results in an amazing dip. It’s creamy, cheesy, and so flavorful.
Spice from the buffalo wing sauce is not overwhelming because it’s cooled by the creaminess of cheeses. Instead, it ads another level of flavor and a pleasant touch of spiciness.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
This dip is simply made in the oven and chicken is cooked on stove-top. Chicken can actually be prepared ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to make the dip.
Cook chicken tenders in buffalo wing sauce until it’s ready. Transfer chicken and the remaining sauce it was cooked with into a mixing bowl and shred chicken meat using two forks.
At this point, you can either transfer chicken into a container with a lid and refrigerate or add remaining dip ingredients right into the pot.
Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a baking dish.
Spread the dip mixture in the prepared baking dish in one even layer and top it off with some more Monterrey Jack cheese.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
You can garnish cooked dip with some more blue cheese crumbles and green onions.
MAKING BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP IN A CROCK POT
Preparing this dip in a Crock Pot is not much different.
Simply prepare the dip according to the recipe up to the step of transferring the dip into a baking dish.
Spread dip mixture in the Crock Pot instead and close the lid.
Cook on low setting for about 2 hours. Spread some Monterrey Jack cheese over the top and let it cook some more until the cheese is melted.
Benefits of making this dip in a Crock Pot is that you can serve it right in it and keep the dip warm by leaving Crock Pot on warm setting.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
There are many things you can serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip:
-prepare some crostini by slicing French baguette into thin slices, brushing both sides with olive oil, and baking it until golden.
-get an array of crackers and together so people have a choice.
-tortilla chips make a great pairing as well.
-if you want a healthier options, celery and cucumber slices pairs perfectly with the spicy buffalo chicken dip.
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce medium or mild per personal taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce medium or mild per personal taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2-3 tbsp chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Preheat a cooking pan oven medium heat and add a little bit of oil.
- Add chicken tenders and 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce. Cook chicken tenders in buffalo wing sauce until they're done.
- Transfer chicken and the remaining sauce it was cooked with into a mixing bowl and shred chicken meat using two forks.
- Add cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, blue cheese crumbles, green onion, 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce, and some salt. Mix everything very well, until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Spread the dip mixture in the prepared baking dish in one even layer and top it off with some more Monterrey Jack cheese. Drizzle a little more buffalo wing sauce on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- You can garnish cooked dip with some more blue cheese crumbles and green onions.
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on November 30, 2011.