Buffalo Chicken Dip is a perfect dip for any party. Always a crowd-pleaser, this dip is made with a combination of tender white chicken meat cooked in buffalo wing sauce and mixed with cream cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, and Blue cheese crumbles. The results are amazing!
Looking for more party dips? Make our Spinach Artichoke Dip, Chicken Enchilada Dip, and Spicy Chicken Ranch Dip!
The BEST Buffalo Dip!
Hope everyone had great holidays!
Returning to work is always hard after a long break but it’s fun to hear how everyone’s holidays went. Food and family drama are always to two main toppings to coves in the holiday talk. One of my friends especially could not spot talking about the food, but especially the “crack dip” that her sister made.
After she was done describing the dip, I noticed that I was starving and that dip is all I wanted. Turns out that it’s the buffalo chicken dip that she called “the crack dip” and it truly is addicting. Once you taste it, it’s very hard to stop.
Once I made this Buffalo Chicken Dip, it instantly make top of the charts with the family. This will be the dip that I serve at every Super Bowl party, holiday party, and perhaps for dinner a few times a week.
A combination of tender white chicken meat that’s been cooked in buffalo wing sauce mixed with cream cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, and Blue cheese crumbles results in an amazing dip. It’s creamy, cheesy, and so flavorful.
Spice from the buffalo wing sauce is not overwhelming because it’s cooled by the creaminess of cheeses. Instead, it ads another level of flavor and a pleasant touch of spiciness.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Chicken Tenders – you can use chicken breast as well. You will need about 1-1.25 lbs.
Buffalo Wing Sauce – choose your favorite one!
Cream Cheese – make sure to use full fat cream cheese.
Monterrey Jack Cheese – get a block and grate it yourself for the smoothest consistency when melted.
Blue Cheese Crumbles
This dip is simply made in the oven and you can cook the chicken in the oven or on stove-top. Chicken can actually be prepared ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to make the dip.
Cook chicken tenders in buffalo wing sauce until it’s ready. Transfer cooked chicken and some of the sauce into a mixing bowl and shred chicken meat using two forks.
At this point, you can either transfer chicken into a container with a lid and refrigerate or add remaining dip ingredients right into the bowl.
Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a baking dish.
Spread the dip mixture in the prepared baking dish in one even layer and top it off with some more Monterrey Jack cheese.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
You can garnish cooked dip with some more blue cheese crumbles and green onions.
How To Make It In A Crock Pot
Preparing this dip in a Crock Pot is not much different.
Simply prepare the dip according to the recipe up to the step of transferring the dip into a baking dish.
Spread dip mixture in the Crock Pot instead and close the lid.
Cook on low setting for about 2 hours. Spread some Monterrey Jack cheese over the top and let it cook some more so the cheese melts.
Benefits of making this dip in a Crock Pot is that you can serve it right in it and keep the dip warm by leaving Crock Pot on warm setting.
There are many things you can serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip:
-prepare some crostini by slicing French baguette into thin slices, brushing both sides with olive oil, and baking it until golden.
-get an array of crackers and together so people have a choice.
-tortilla chips make a great pairing as well.
-if you want a healthier options, celery and cucumber slices pairs perfectly with the spicy buffalo chicken dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb chicken tenders (or chicken breast meat)
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce medium or mild per personal taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce medium or mild per personal taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles optional
- 2-3 tbsp chopped green onion optional
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Add chicken tenders and 3/4 cup of buffalo wing sauce to the baking dish. Cook chicken in buffalo wing sauce until they're done (about 18-20 minutes).
- Transfer chicken and some of the sauce it was cooked with (1/4 to 1/3 cup) into a mixing bowl and shred chicken meat using two forks. (You can rinse off the baking dish or use it as is. You can also use remaining buffalo sauce in the dip mixture, if any remained.)
- Add cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, blue cheese crumbles, green onion, 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce, and some salt. Mix everything very well, until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Spread the dip mixture in the prepared baking dish in one even layer and top it off with some more Monterrey Jack cheese. Drizzle a little more buffalo wing sauce on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- You can garnish cooked dip with some more blue cheese crumbles and green onions.
Originally published on Will Cook For Smiles on November 30, 2011.
Hey, found your site by accident doing a search on Google but I’ll definitely be coming back. – I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up. – Mark Twain 1835 – 1910
Miz Helen says
Oh my, I could make this my whole meal, it looks awesome! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.Come Back Soon!Miz Helen
LOVE this recipe. Looks really awesome. : )) I would LOVE if you could please stop in and linky this terrific feature via my Pin’Inspirational Party happening today pweease… THANK YOU SO MUCH.. Wishing you an incredible start to your weekend.. Sincerely ~M
Yummerz!! This looks so good! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now 🙂 Have a great week!!
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy says
This looks SOOOOO good! Thanks!
Our Delightful Home says
This looks yummy! Perfect for football Sunday.