This is the best slow cooker cheese dip you will ever try! This Chicken Enchilada Cheese Dip is easily made with juicy rotisserie chicken, enchilada sauce, and a tasty mixture of sauteed veggies.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Cheese Dip
What a perfect dip for the football party!
Are you planning a Super Bowl party this year? Football had been a bit different around here this year. This year, our local NFL team actually made it into the payoffs. So suddenly, the entire city remembered that we have a local team and became huge fans. It’s funny how many fans a team can suddenly gain once they start having a good season.
I am not a huge football fan myself, we are actually more of a baseball family, so I don’t hear a lot about football. This year though, football was EVERYWHERE. Suddenly, every other person was talking about the team. Stores were suddenly stocking up and pushing team merchandise and every other person was wearing a team jersey.
The city definitely came together to support the team and cheer them on as they got closer and closer to making it into the Super Bowl. I just kept thinking, “where was all this team spirit in the last 20 years?” I’ve been living here for 15 years now and I only know a handful of fans, the stadium is rarely half filled during the games, and it’s never knows if they game will even be televised.
Now, the craziness has settled yet again as the team didn’t win the last round of playoffs. May be next year they will get just as much support from the beginning of the season, in hopes for another chance to make it to the Super Bowl. But this year, let’s watch
the Eagles and the Patriots beat the pants off each other the COMMERCIALS and eat lots of tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Cheese Dip!
This fantastic chicken enchilada cheese dip is possibly the BEST dip I’ve ever made. My husband and I are completely in love, or as the teenagers day “heart-eyed smiley emoji!”
What makes this dip special is the rotisserie chicken, combination of different peppers and spices and of course, lots of cheese! You will be making it over and over, for every party where you can serve a slow cooker chicken cheese dip. You eat this special dip with a spoon and be very happy. But, if you do want to dip something into it, try chips, celery, crackers, or cucumbers….the usual.
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Some More DIP Recipes You Might Like:
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Cheese Dip
- 1 rotisserie chicken (weight is about 2 lbs)
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 large jalapeno peppers
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 10 oz Enchilada sauce can
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese mix
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium heat. Add a little bit of oil for cooking the veggies.
- Take the seeds out of all peppers and slice them thinly. Slice onion thinly as well. Add all veggies to the pan and saute until softened and golden brown. Transfer veggies to the slow cooker.
- Take all the meat off chicken, discarding all bones and skin. Mince chicken meat and add it to the slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese, enchilada sauce, cumin, paprika, and salt to the slow cooker as well.
- Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes.
- Stir everything together until evenly incorporated. Add Mexican cheese mix and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours.