These are the best stuffed mushrooms! Classic Stuffed Mushrooms recipe featuring baby bella mushrooms stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, herbs, onions and more cheese.
Classic appetizer to serve at parties and holiday dinners.
Stuffed mushrooms are very easy to make and you can variate size of mushrooms depending on your needs. Use baby bella mushrooms for a simple one-bite appetizer that’s perfect for a party where people need to have their hands free.
If you’re having a sit-down dinner party, you can use larger sized mushrooms. When using larger size washrooms, double the amount of filling so that you can prepare more mushrooms.
To make this recipe gluten free, simply use gluten free bread crumbs. Increase the amount of bread crumbs by 2 tablespoons since gluten free bread crumbs are not as dense as regular ones.
For those who do not like cilantro, you can substitute fresh parsley.
Here are some more Party Appetizers you will enjoy:
- 12-15 medium sized mushrooms of your choice
- Save the stems of the mushrooms
- 1 tbs olive oil to toss mushrooms
- 1 tbs olive oil to saute
- 1 small shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5-7 cilantro leaves
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese preferably fresh grated
- Salt pepper
- 1 tbs fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Wash your mushrooms and carefully take off the stems. Toss the mushrooms lightly is olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat a small cooking pan and 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Chop the shallot and mushrooms stems into small pieces. Saute the chopped mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Mince the garlic cloves and add them to the pan. Saute until fragrant and move the veggies to the small bowl.
- Cool the veggies a little then add the cream cheese, bread crumbs, cheese, cilantro, egg, salt and pepper. Mix very well until all combined.
- Place the mushroom cups into the baking dish. Carefully fill the cups with the mixture pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for about 15-20 minutes making sure that the mushrooms are completely cooked and hot throughout.
- Sprinkle the stuffed mushrooms with some more fresh grated Parmesan cheese and serve!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!