Wonderful chicken thighs dinner that is perfect for a week night or a weekend meal. It’s full of flavor and made with chicken thighs that were marinated and cooked in the mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, lemon and herbs.
The aroma that will fill your house while you are making this dish is unbelievable! This chicken is made with a perfect combination of flavors for a juicy and flavorful dinner. It is so easy to make too and will take you about an hour for prep and baking. Minimal effort and most of the time just goes into the baking. You can serve this chicken with a side of potatoes or veggies. I also added some feta cheese on top of the tomatoes and veggies after it was cooked. Feta was amazing with this dish.
You will need an oven proof skillet or an oven proof baking dish. If you use a baking dish, you don’t have to alter any time or temperature. Time for baking would depend on the size of your chicken thighs. If you are using large and plumpy ones, you would have to make sure that they had enough time to bake all the way through.
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 4 chicken thighs bone in
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Juice from a 1/4 of a lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or more if you wish
- 1 cup of cut mushrooms or more if you wish
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Place the chicken thighs into a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, grated garlic, thyme and salt. Mix well so that the chicken is evenly coated. Marinade for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Rub an oven-safe skillet with some olive oil and place the chicken thighs in the skillet, skin down. Pour the remaining marinade over the top.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Mix the tomatoes and mushrooms with olive oil and some salt. Flip the chicken thighs and add tomatoes and mushrooms. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil for about a minute to brown the top to golden.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!