Finger-licking-good baked chicken dinner that’s super easy to make. Chicken things marinated, seared and baked in a delicious sesame sauce.
Sesame Baked Chicken Thighs
Do you ever have those days when you want to eat something but you have no idea what. And to make matters worse, nothing in the house sounds good. I hate those days but sometimes I come up with something very tasty in the end. Just like these roasted sesame chicken thighs.
Last week, I had one of those days where you stand lost in front of the pastry for seemed like hours. Finally, sesame seeds and sesame oil jumped out at me and sounded very good with baked chicken. That’s the best part about finding that right star ingredient, the idea just pops in your head when you see it.
Chicken thighs and drumsticks are usually my go-to chicken cuts to bake. Dark chicken meat is so much juicier, more flavorful, and much more tender than breast meat. And yet, I always find it odd that fewer people prefer the dark meat to breast.
These sesame baked chicken thighs came out just as delicious as the idea in my head so I had to share it. Any successful dinner recipe is one to share and repeat!
What To Serve With It:
You can serve this chicken with several different things. My husband prefers it with roasted potatoes. I loved, loved, loved it with some roasted asparagus and rice.
Some of the best sides are ones that soak up the sauce from the chicken. Go for things like rice, quinoa, broccoli, cauliflower, and even noodles. Rice noodles are actually very nice with sesame sauce.
More Baked Chicken Recipes To Try:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Sesame Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 1.75-2 lbs bone-in chicken things
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar or wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- White pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Combine ingredients for the marinade in a large mixing bowl and whisk well. Add chicken thighs and mix them into marinade. Let the chicken marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat up a well-seasoned cast iron skillet (or another oven-safe skillet, greased) on stove-top, over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs to the hot skillet and sear on each side until you get a nice golden sear, 2-3 minutes. Add about half of the marinade to the skillet and transfer it to the oven.
- Roast chicken in the oven for about 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken thighs). You can cut into the thickest one to check and make sure it's cooked through or use an instant read thermometer to check if internal temperature reached 165°.