Finger-licking-good chicken dinner that’s super easy to make. Chicken things marinated, seared and roasted in a delicious sesame sauce.
Sesame Roasted Chicken Thighs
Do you ever have those days when you want to eat something but you have no idea what. And to make matters worse, nothing in the house sounds good. I hate those days but sometimes I come up with something very tasty in the end. Just like these roasted sesame chicken thighs. In the morning, I was looking for something to defrost…and looking, and looking. If my freezer had a safety timer, it would be at the alarm point because of how long I was standing in front of my freezer. Chicken breast, chicken breast, chicken breast … might as well have been “boring, boring, boring.” I had nothing other than chicken breast and chicken tenders in there. Blah.
So I started looking in my cabinets, to see if I can get some kind of insiration or an idea. Then it happened…a bottle of sesame seeds slapped me in the face as soon as I open my spice cabinet. Yes! Sesame chicken sounded good. And suddenly, I knew what meat I wanted to get…chicken thighs! (Off to the store I go.) That’s the best part about finding that right star ingredient, the idea just pops in your head, and you know exactly what you’ve been craving. Chicken thighs on bone was a great meat choice too. Chicken things are just so much juicier, more flavorful, and much more tender than chicken breast. And yet, I always find it odd that so few people prefer the dark meat on the bird. (At Thanksgiving, there aren’t many people fighting me over drumsticks.)
These sesame chicken thighs came out just as delicious as the idea in my head. I love it when that happens. Although, I definitely have those awful cooking experiments when the finished product is nowhere near what I had planned in my mind. But, we live and we learn. Plus, you never see those… noone really does. That’s between me and my kitchen.
You can serve this chicken with several different things. My husband prefers it with roasted potatoes. I loved, loved, loved it with some roasted asparagus. You can also serve it with Sesame Cucumber Salad, Cucumber Broccoli Salad, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, you’ll be able to know soon after the new recipe is posted.
Sesame Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 1.75-2 lbs of chicken things bone in
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar or wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- White pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Combine ingredients for the marinade in a large mixing bowl and whisk well. Add chicken thighs and mix them into marinade. Let the chicken marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat up a well-seasoned cast iron skillet (or another oven-safe skillet, greased) on stove-top, over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs to the hot skillet and sear on each side until you get a nice golden sear, 2-3 minutes. Add about half of the marinade to the skillet and transfer it to the oven.
- Roast chicken in the oven for about 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken thighs). You can cut into the thickest one to check and make sure it's cooked through.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!