Scrumptious chicken fries snack that will make kids and adults happy. Chicken breast cut thin, breaded and baked in spicy honey mustard.
Can we talk about picky kids for a second? Oh yea, I talk about it all the time. I just get so frustrated sometimes. There is only a handful of stuff that my son would eat and even less things that he would eat at school. I would love it if he’d eat anything that I put in front of him…much like the way he used to before the turned 3. (That’s where the “picky bug” bit him.) Slowly he started eating fewer and fewer things and now, even if I give him something he used to love, he won’t touch it.
I’m getting a little tired of grilled cheeses, pizza, chicken tenders, fries, and pesto pasta. But I might be seeing some light at the end of that tunnel. I still have a bright side of him still happily eating soup, turkey chili or anything that looks like soup or chili. I’ve also got a couple of unexpected “wins” lately. Much to my delight, he started eating homemade pizza and chicken tenders. Yippee!
My new experiment was these Honey Mustard Chicken Fries. It was a super long shot considering I added honey mustard, which is quite big because the only sauces he would even touch is ketchup and BBQ sauce. Not only did I flavor my chicken fries with honey mustard, I also made it spicy. Not like “grab that fire extinguisher spicy” but they do have some zing to it. Well…it was a HUGE hit! He saw me making the “fries” and he was very curious about what I was making. Once they were done, it was the moment of truth. I let him taste one and…he brought me his plate! (And some ketchup but that’s cool.) I got a win with my son’s taste buds and a pretty big one!
Easy Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Fries
- 1.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 10 oz honey mustard dressing spicy one is optional
- 2.5-3 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a large baking sheet.
- Cut chicken breast into thin slices that are about 1/4 inch in thickness, lengthwise. (some might be long and some might be short, it's okay.)
- Place honey mustard dressing into one wide bowl and mix bread crumbs, salt and cayenne pepper in another bowl.
- Dip a chicken strip into honey mustard and then into bread crumb mixture. Press hard to set the breading and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken fries.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!