People will be climbing over each other to get to this awesome snack. Easy Cheeseburger Egg Rolls stuffed with juicy ground beef, melted cheese, and pickles. It’s served with a simple sauce on the side.
CHEESEBURGER EGG ROLLS
This is one appetizer that your family and friends will run to get to first. And if you dare to serve it at a party, people will start climbing over each other and tripping others to make sure they get some of these tasty egg rolls. They are pretty easy to make but make sure you make enough because they will disappear fast. They will be a hit at your New Year’s party, football party, or anywhere finger foods are best to be served.
I was first introduced to Cheeseburger Egg Rolls at the restaurant I used to work in years ago. We got it as a special for the football season but I wasn’t sure about how popular it would be. I was a little thrown off by something inside an egg roll that is not the traditional cabbage and meat mixture. Cheeseburger in an egg roll? Hmmm…
Little did I know, it exploded off the menu! It even got so popular with the staff that waiters started ordering it as their lunch and cooks would “make a mistake” once in a while and drop an extra portion in a fryer. We all knew that the “oops” wasn’t an “oops” at all, but we didn’t care because we all got to have some.
Well, I recreated this tasty snack at home and it is a hundred times better. For one, they don’t come frozen in a bag. These egg rolls are homemade, fresh, and super tasty. Homemade is always better, so I know you’ll love it.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES TO TRY
Bacon Onion Rings with Bacon Ranch Dipping Sauce
Homemade Soft Pretzel Twists with Creamy Buffalo Sauce
Homemade Pretzels with Beer Cheese Sauce
Philly Cheese Steak EggRolls from Carlsbad Cravings
Loaded Mashed Potato EggRolls from Spend With Pennies
Southwest EggRolls from Taste and Tell
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 5 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pickles
- 13-14 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg white
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat a medium cooking pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and minced onion. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef to the pan and break it up as much as possible. Season with some salt and pepper, cover and cook until meat starts to brown. Stir well and make sure to keep breaking up all the meat clumps as it cooks. Drain off all the juices and place cooked meat into a mixing bowl.
- Break up cheese and add it to the bowl. Mix until all the cheese is melted and evenly incorporated. Stir in pickles.
- Heat up oil to about 350 degrees as you roll the egg rolls.
- Gently whisk egg while and set it close to you.
- To roll the egg rolls: place egg roll wrapper on a diamond. Spread about 2 tablespoons of cheeseburger filling in a line, leaving about an inch on each side. Gently and carefully, fold the corner that's closest to you over the cheeseburger mixture, and tuck under the filling. Fold both side corners toward center of wrapper, it will start to look like an open envelope. Dip your fingers in egg white and run it along the edges of the wrapper to seal better. Carefully roll up the egg roll.
- Fry egg rolls in batches until golden brown, turning once the bottom side turns golden.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce until completely incorporated. Serve with egg rolls.
Hello and thank you for the recipe. I have made the egg rolls a number of times and my family loves them.
Can the egg rolls be air fried? What temp and time would you suggest?
I have made them in the air fryer and they turned out great! I did 350 degrees for 15 min but not all air fryers cook the same so I would check them after 10 minutes to see how crispy they are and then maybe check them every 3-5 minutes after until crispy.
These are so good !! Have made these eggrolls many times and they are always a hit.
Rhena Montero says
What brand/type of pickles do you use?
I like the Mt Olive kosher dill Pickles so that’s what I used. Let me know if you have any other questions.
How far in advance can you make them ?
Can the eggrolls be baked?
Yes, they can but they won’t be as crispy. If you do bake them I would use a wire rack on a baking sheet so they get baked all around and are not soggy on the bottoms.
I’m going to try and make them. They look easy enough. Cooking is my therapy. But what a messy cook I am. And all the other recipes I’ve seen. I’m so glad I found your site. You must be one heck of a cook and great imagination to even think of this recipe. Hands up to you.
Awe, thank you Marsha that is so kind! I hope you enjoy them!
Larry Gaines says
Will try these
Hope you enjoy them, Larry!
Thelma Young says
My family loves these egg rolls 😋. I think I like your sauce better than one I had before. It had mayo, mustard, ketchup, and hot sauce. It was good, but I love 💘 garlic !! I might try just adding garlic to the old one. Thank you 😊 for the recipe!!
You’re very welcome! Glad you like them! 🙂
I am so happy to hear you like them! You would freeze these before frying and I think it would be best to wrap each one in plastic wrap individually, then put them in a freezer bag. If you don’t have plastic wrap you could lay them in a single layer on parchment paper in the freezer for 2 hours then transfer to a freezer bag. Enjoy!