Delicious little burgers with a kick. These mini cheeseburger sliders are made with lots of jalapeno peppers and cheddar cheese mixed right in and served on sweet jalapeno rolls.
School is almost over, you guys. That meant summer is officially here. Memorial Day weekend is next, then Father’s Day, then Fourth of July, all fun summer days are about to begin. Lot’s of celebrating, lot’s of barbecue parties. This is a prime time to start planning all your outdoor events. It’s the time of the BURGERS and STEAKS.
How do you take your next outdoor party to a new level? Serve some awesome burger sliders that are packed with flavor. Packed with jalapeno peppers and sharp cheddar cheese, to be exact. They will be the hit of the party! And, don’t forget to make some Parmesan Dill Potato Salad and Broccoli Cucumber Salad to go along with the burgers.
To bring you a little something extra, I’ve been collecting and trying out tips for better burgers and steaks. So it’s not just the burger recipes I’ll be sharing with you this grilling season, but also the best ways to execute them.
I mentioned a little while ago that I took a fun little class on grilling. We learned about steaks and burgers since they are the staples of grilling parties. I am yet to try out all the secrets I’ve learned about grilling the best steak and I promise, as soon as I do, I will be sure to share them with you. So far, I’ve been experimenting with burgers. There are many things that I’ve always been doing, like choosing the meat, but others were new tricks.
- When choosing the meat, I always make sure there is a substantial fat content. For ground beef, choose 80%to 85% lean ground chuck. This will ensure that you have a juicy burger. The leaner the beef, the less fat, the drier the burger. (The same goes for steak, you want to see intramuscular fat in steak. A nice marbled steak will ensure a juicier, tastier result.)
- When making your burger patties, work them as little as possible using your hands. Start by mixing with a wooden spatula and then form the patties with your hands, doing it as fast as possible. You don’t want the heat from your hands to start melting the fat in ground beef.
- And one more tip: After forming the patties, make a compression in the middle of the burger with your thumb. This will prevent the burger from bulging in the middle and result in an even burger patty.
(Don’t worry, more tips to come in later posts!)
Jalapeno Cheddar Sliders
- 1 lb ground beef 80-85% lean works best for juicier burgers
- 2 large jalapeno peppers
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Sweet jalapeno dinner rolls I used King's Hawaiian
- Seed and mince jalapeno peppers.
- Combine ground beef, minced jalapenos, cheddar cheese, pressed garlic, minded cilantro, and salt in a bowl. Mix well using a wooden spatula, until evenly incorporated. Then use your hand to mix but mix as fast as possible so the fats don't begin to melt.
- Form 6 mini burger patties. Make a somewhat deep compression in the center of your patty with a thumb. (This will keep the burgers from bulging in the middle while cooking.)
- You can cook them on a grill or on a stove-top. Remember to brush burger patties with oil before putting them on a grill. (Use some oil if making them in a pan.)
- Serve on sweet jalapeno rolls.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes: