Juicy, spicy, flavorful chicken burgers made with chipotle peppers in adobe sauce inside and served with melted cheese, lettuce, and chipotle mayo. Wonderful for weekend barbecuing or a weeknight dinner.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN BURGER
I adore chicken burgers! As much as I love a good, juicy beef burger, there is something fabulous about a chicken burger. It’s always juicy and soft. I found it pretty hard to make a chicken burger dry. Yes, I have had experiences where I totally messed up a beef burger and it came out dry, dry, dry, but I’ve always had great luck with chicken burgers.
This weekend, I decided to make myself some spicy chicken burgers. Hubs is so not into spicy foods but I am all over some heat. I definitely can’t take some serious heat, I’m just talking about some heat but at the point where I can still taste my food. I don’t like spice to completely numb by tongue and having to run to the fridge for some milk. That could be a bit too much.
That’s why I love adding some cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes to my dishes. I also like adding jalapenos and chipotle peppers for an extra kick. I’d never go crazy like adding a ghost pepper or anything, but jalapenos and may be serrano (may be) can add a nice amount of spice. I’m also totally obsessed with a smokey flavor of chipotle peppers.
I have to confess, I did not know that chipotle peppers were smoke-dried jalapeno peppers. Up until only a few weeks ago, I thought it was a whole different pepper in it’s own. Turns out, it’s just a jalapeno ( at least it’s usually made with out of jalapenos). You live and you learn! Either way, I’m addicted to the smokey flavor it adds to my dishes.
So while I was grilling and trying out new recipes the other day, I decided to make myself a delicious spicy chicken burger. I packed it with some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce inside and added chipotle mayo to it as well. Turned out fantastic!
These burgers do not actually need to be made on a grill. You can just as easily make them on stove-top. So if you don’t feel like breaking out a grill and starting coals, simply make them in a pan. It’s a 30 minute dinner with a delicious kick.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger from Oh, Sweet Basil
Bacon and Goat Cheese Aioli Burger from The Food Charlatan
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Spicy Chipotle Chicken Burger
Chicken Burger Patties:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 lg garlic clove
- 2 -3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- Lime juice from 1/4 lime
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 3 Chipotle chicken burger patties
- 3 Buns
- Chipotle mayo
- 6 Pepper Jack cheese slices can also use Monterrey Jack, Havarti, Provolone
- Combine all ingredients for chicken burger patties in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spatula, until all ingredients are evenly combined. Form three patties.
- You can make these chicken burgers on the grill or in a pan, over medium heat.
- (Use thermometer to check chicken for doneness or to the touch. Chicken is done at 165 degrees F.)
- Combine all ingredients for chipotle mayo in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Build your chicken burgers once they are ready and enjoy!