Unbelievable egg rolls perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day or just because. Reuben Egg Rolls are made with corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut, fried to golden deliciousness, and served with Thousand Island dressing.
Reuben Egg Rolls
I am definitely warming up to the idea of non-traditional egg rolls. It may have been weird for me in the past, when I first “met” Cheeseburger Egg Rolls, but after seeing how tasty they were, I started trying other variations.
Last year was the first time I heard about Reuben Egg Rolls. I went to see hubs at work and they had some St. Patrick’s Day specials on their menu, one of the specials were Reuben Egg Rolls. Reuben just happens to be my favorite sandwich but at the time, I still didn’t try the egg rolls.
There was something about the way they made their egg rolls that turned me off. This year, I remembered that egg roll idea and I wanted to make them my way, because to me, my way is always better. (I’m sure you will agree that it’s better when you make things your way.)
I wanted these egg rolls to have the same wonderful flavors as the classic sandwich, so I simply got some corned beef from the deli, some Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. I debated for a minute if I wanted to add Thousand Island dressing inside or not.
Personally, I like that dressing but since my husband doesn’t, it makes me think that not everyone would like it inside. Turned out that leaving the dressing out was perfect. Egg rolls taste wonderful on their own or dipped in Thousand Island. You may even want to dip them into some other sauce of your own.
Check out these great Reuben inspired recipes:
Reuben Soup from Barefeet In The Kitchen
Classic Reuben Sandwich from Love and Olive Oil
Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
Reuben Stuffed Crescent Roll from The Food Charlatan
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Reuben Egg Rolls
- About 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 lb deli-sliced corned beef
- 5 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut drained and squeezed
- 1 egg white
- About 5 cups of oil for frying
- Thousand Island dressing to dip
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Gently whisk egg while in a small bowl and set it close to you.
- Dice corned beef and Swiss cheese and add it to a mixing bowl. Add sauerkraut and mix everything until it's evenly incorporated throughout.
- To roll the egg rolls: place egg roll wrapper on a diamond. Spread about 2 tablespoons of Reuben filling in a line, leaving about an inch on each side. Gently and carefully, fold the corner that's closest to you over the filling mixture, and tuck under the filling. Fold both side corners toward center of wrapper, it will start to look like an open envelope. Dip your fingers in egg white and run it along the edges of the wrapper to seal better. Carefully roll up the egg roll.
- Fry egg rolls in batches until golden brown, turning once the bottom side turns golden.
- Serve with Thousand Island dressing for dipping.