Amazing chicken dish. These Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken thighs are so easy to prepare and ready in about 30 minutes.
It’s been all about easy dinners for me lately. With the hustle of the holidays and insane amount of cooking on November and December, I’ve been wanting to spend less time in my kitchen. I’m sure you feel the same way. Every time I walk by my kitchen, I think, “I need a break from you!” So if I can quickly make dinner and get out, that is exactly what I will do.
You know, everything I quickly made and got out has been delizioso! (I know this isn’t an Italian dish, I just felt like pretending I was for a minute.) This chicken is no exception! It is so good with some roasted potatoes on a side.
I ordered myself a salad last week, to take home with me, and they put the wrong dressing in there. (Don’t you hate that?!) I’m a Ranch girl all the way and occasionally, I’ll take Balsamic Vinaigrette. They decided that I needed some honey mustard. I wasn’t too happy about it and I just didn’t want it on my salad. I did taste it thought, it was tasty and a bit spicy. That’s when it hit me, I should make those chicken thighs, that I was defrosting for the next day, in a spicy honey mustard sauce! Yum! (No, I didn’t use the dressing in the chicken, I ate it with some pretzels! Ever tried it? So good.)
Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken
These Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken thighs are so easy to prepare and ready in about 30 minutes.
- 1.5 lb chicken thighs
- 6 oz Baby Bella mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/2 medium yellow onion sliced thin
- 8 oz honey mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper depending on how much hear you can handle
- *Use oven safe skillet for this recipe.*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Preheat skillet on stove-top, over medium-high heat, greased with some vegetable oil. Make sure the skillet is hot before adding chicken. Season chicken thighs with a little salt and place them in the skillet. Sear until they get that beautiful golden brown sear. Halfway through, add mushrooms and onion.
- Meanwhile, whisk honey mustard, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl until all combined.
- Add to the skillet with chicken and spread evenly.
- Place skillet in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is done.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Honey Balsamic Baked Chicken Thighs from Just A Taste
Pan Fried Italian Chicken Thighs from Barefeet In The Kitchen
Moist Lemon Chicken from Inspired Taste
Holy Yum Chicken from Table For Two
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!