Perfect open faced breakfast sandwich for any day of the week. Egg, cheese, bacon, fresh avocado and ranch all layered on top of toasted English muffin.
Happy New Year!!
2015 is here and I wish you all health and happiness in the new year!
Let’s start this whole new year with a nice and easy breakfast recipe. This breakfast sandwich takes about 10 minutes to prepare, given you already have bacon cooked. I like to cook a whole package of bacon ahead of time and just keep it covered in the fridge. It’s very easy to pop a tray of bacon in the oven and it’s ready within 15-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon. (If you want step-by-step instructions on how to make perfect bacon every time, my dear friend, Trish, has a great post about it.)
You can easily substitute ham for bacon, if you don’t have bacon on hand, and it will be just as delicious. My favorite part of this sandwich is the combination of a runny egg yolk, avocado and ranch dressing. It’s so tasty and just one half of this sandwich is nicely filling!
Avocado Bacon Ranch Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 English muffin split in half
- 2 eggs over medium or however you prefer
- Salt fresh cracked pepper
- 4 strips of crispy bacon all cut in half
- 1/2 avocado sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp Ranch dressing
- Split English muffin in half and toast it.
- Cook eggs with some salt and pepper just enough until egg whites are done but yolk is still runny. You can check by gently pressing on the yolk about a minute after flipping the eggs. (Or prepare them as you like.)
- Spread about 1/2 tbsp of Ranch dressing on each half of English muffin.
- Divide bacon among the two pieces of bread.
- Add egg on each half, then avocado slices and top of with remaining Ranch dressing.
- You can serve it with some fresh fruit or a yogurt cup.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Skinny Huevos Rancheros from I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Frittaffle from Real Food by Dad
Eggs in a Hole with Basil Pesto from Joyful Healthy Eats
Cheesy Breakfast Quesadillas from Whole & Heavenly Oven
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: