Unbelievably delicious and aromatic tropical shrimp rice bowl. This dish is made with juicy shrimp, sweet pineapples, and a beautiful sweet, tangy, and spicy sauce.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I’m still drooling as I look at this Tropical Shrimp Rice Bowl, this is one tasty dinner. Don’t get me started on the aroma of the sauce, I was smelling my hands for a while after preparing it.
I just love that combination of sweetness, spice, and citrus. Lime already has a great scent and combining it with pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, fresh cilantro, and a little spice creates a wonderful, aromatic sauce.
Aroma always plays such a big role in preparation of food. It’s what entices us first about the food, makes us stop and take another look at what the smell is, and makes us try it. I just love the scent of my favorite ingredients on my hands. Some people hate the smell of garlic on their hands but I love it. I often run a basil leaf between my fingers too, to get that garlic basil scent. (No wonder I love pesto so much.)
When you will be making this tropical shrimp rice bowl, make sure to stop for a second and smell the sauce before you cook it. You will LOVE it!
Tropical Shrimp Rice Bowl
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 8 oz can of pineapple chunks drain but save the juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Zest from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- Cook rice in slightly salted water, according to the package instructions. Stir in some fresh cilantro and set aside. (Divide rice between two bowls when ready to serve.)
For the sauce: mix together pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, and cilantro. Set aside until ready to use.
- Peel, de-vein, and rinse shrimp. Mix shrimp with lime juice, pineapple juice, chili powder, and salt in a bowl and let it sit while preheating a cooking pan.
- Preheat a cooking pan with about a tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, sear shrimp until pink and opaque on both sides. Take out and set aside. (You can save the juice from marinating the shrimp and add it to the sauce.)
- Add a little bit more oil to the pan and add drained pineapple chunks. Sear pineapple chunks until nicely browned. Lower the hear to medium.
Stir and add sauce to the pan. Stir and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Quickly stir in shrimp and divide the shrimp, pineapple, and sauce mixture over the two rice bowls.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!