Delicious way to relax and refresh after a long, hot summer day. Smooth margarita made with fresh peach puree.
So apparently I have a problem.
I was talking to my mom the other day and she asked me what I was up to. I told her that I just came back from the farmer’s market and I got a basket of big, delicious white peaches. I told her that I was in a middle of making some peach puree for a margarita. She laughed at me!
She said that every time I find nice produce at the store or market, I always have to make something with it. Come to think of it, I don’t know when was a last time I ate just as strawberry, or an apple, or… a peach.
She laughed even more when I told her that I planned to make peach waffles, peach sangria and muffins with the rest of the peaches. It might be funny but I it is like a sickness, I look at all the possible recipes that can be made with the fruit before I even think of just eating it.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I make my little guy eat as much fresh fruit as possible. I usually just get extra when I find really good fruit or berries so I have some to bake with and some for him to eat. But I can’t deny that my mind goes first to baking/cooking possibilities.
White Peach Margarita
- Peach Puree:
- 2 ripe large white peaches, peeled
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups of margarita mix
- Peach puree from above
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- Fresh peach slices to decorate and rub the rim
- Coarse bar salt
- Peel ripe peaches and add then to a small sauce pot. Mash them with your hands and take out the pits.
- Add vanilla, lime juice and sugar. Mix well and simmer over medium heat, covered, for 5-7 minutes.
- Pulse mixture in a blender until smooth. Cool completely.
- Combine margarita mix, tequila, peach schnapps and peach puree in a blender. Pulse a couple of times to blend.
- Rub rims of glasses with a peach and dip each grass rim in salt.
- Fill glasses up with ice about half way and divide margarita mixture among the glasses.
- Garnish, kick your feet up and enjoy!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Blackberry Lime Margarita from Cooking and Beer
Skinny Margarita Recipe from Family Fresh Meals
Pineapple Margaritas from Miss In The Kitchen
The Best Fresh Margarita from The Weary Chef
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!