This is not your ordinary 7 Layer Dip! It’s made in a skillet, served hot and made with lots of beef, veggies and cheese.
So what are you going to snack on while sipping a nice cold beer or margaritas?
I have just the right thing for you today. (And if you are not fully satisfied, there are many more ideas at the bottom of the post as well.) This is an amazing, zesty, layered dip that is served hot. I’m sure you are familiar with the 7 Layer Dip that’s very popular. Well, I’ve created a little different version of it. Actually, it’s a very different version of it.
First of all, this dip is served hot. I seem to I prefer warm dips to cold. When I looked through my archives, I realized that I do make quite a few dips and most of them a hot. There is something about a warm, cheesy, gooey dip that is so much better than cold.
Second of all, this dip is layered with lots of chipotle chili pepper seasoned beef and topped with layers of veggies. Finally, it’s all covered in lots of gooey, cheese topped with a little more chipotle chili powder. ( I do recommend chipotle kind because it adds great smokey flavor.)
Hot 7 Layer Dip
This is not your ordinary 7 Layer Dip! It's made in a skillet, served hot and made with lots of beef, veggies and cheese.
- Beef Layer:
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Remaining Layers:
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn drained
- 1 to mato seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Chipotle chili pepper powder
- Heat up oven-safe skillet (8-inch skillet) over medium heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add diced onion and saute until transparent.
- Add ground beef and cook, covered and stirring often, until almost done.
- Add grated (or pressed) garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder. Mix well and cook until done.
- Stir in sour cream and tomato paste into the beef until fully combined. Spread beef evenly throughout the skillet. Take off heat.
- Turn off stove-top heat and turn the oven on to 350.
- Layer diced jalapeno peppers, then beans, then corn, then diced tomato. Sprinkle some salt and cumin over the veggies. Add cilantro on top.
- Spread cheese evenly all over veggies. Sprinkle a little more salt and some chipotle chili pepper powder over cheese.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Chili Cheese Dip from Love Grows Wild
Black Bean Corn and Avocado Dip from Skinny Mom
Creamy Mexican Dip from The Weary Chef
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me:
Taco Loaded Waffle Fries Nachos