This is not your ordinary 7 Layer Dip! It’s made in a skillet, served hot and made with lots of beef, veggies and cheese.
HOT 7-LAYER DIP
So what are you going to snack on while sipping a nice cold beer or margaritas?
I have just the right thing for you today. (And if you are not fully satisfied, there are many more ideas at the bottom of the post as well.) This is an amazing, zesty, layered dip that is served hot. I’m sure you are familiar with the 7 Layer Dip that’s very popular. Well, I’ve created a little different version of it. Actually, it’s a very different version of it.
First of all, this dip is served hot. I seem to I prefer warm dips to cold. When I looked through my archives, I realized that I do make quite a few dips and most of them a hot. There is something about a warm, cheesy, gooey dip that is so much better than cold.
Second of all, this dip is layered with lots of chipotle chili pepper seasoned beef and topped with layers of veggies. Finally, it’s all covered in lots of gooey, cheese topped with a little more chipotle chili powder. ( I do recommend chipotle kind because it adds great smokey flavor.)
MORE MEXICAN INSPIRED RECIPES
Chili Cheese Dip from Love Grows Wild
Black Bean Corn and Avocado Dip from Skinny Mom
Creamy Mexican Dip from The Weary Chef
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Hot 7 Layer Dip
- Beef Layer:
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Remaining Layers:
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn drained
- 1 to mato seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Chipotle chili pepper powder
- Heat up oven-safe skillet (8-inch skillet) over medium heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add diced onion and saute until transparent.
- Add ground beef and cook, covered and stirring often, until almost done.
- Add grated (or pressed) garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder. Mix well and cook until done.
- Stir in sour cream and tomato paste into the beef until fully combined. Spread beef evenly throughout the skillet. Take off heat.
- Turn off stove-top heat and turn the oven on to 350.
- Layer diced jalapeno peppers, then beans, then corn, then diced tomato. Sprinkle some salt and cumin over the veggies. Add cilantro on top.
- Spread cheese evenly all over veggies. Sprinkle a little more salt and some chipotle chili pepper powder over cheese.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips.