Philly Cheese Steak gets a sausage make over in this tasty grilled sausage hoagie! Classic combination of Provolone cheese, bell peppers, and onion mixed with Italian sausage and served of a deli-fresh hoagie roll.
Father’s Day is almost here and I am deep into searching a gift for my husband. It’s not easy to find a perfect gift unless a person needs something specific. Looking through all those posts about “find a perfect Father’s Day gift” and “top 10 things your dad will love” is completely useless to me.
First of all, it’s pretty much the same generic things repeating over and over. Monogrammed stuff for his desk, money clips, ties, tools, blah, blah, blah, blah. My husband has a garage full of
toys tools, doesn’t wear ties, and his desk is full of all the decorations it can take. (A little too much actually.)
The problem with looking at these recommendation articles is that they are not personal. They don’t know every dad/husband, so it’s hard to make it personal.
I can always go the collection route and get another things with his favorite sports team on it but it seems kind of redundant. Even the biggest fans get tired of getting things with their team logos for every holiday, every year.
My mission is to find something different, something unusual, and something he’s going to love. I have one idea but I will not say it here because his family reads my posts and I don’t want anyone to tip him off and ruin the surprise. All I can say is that it’s food related and he will flip over it.
HERE ARE SOME MORE SAUSAGE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Beer Cheese Jalapeno Brats
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Philly Cheese "Steak" Sausage Hoagies
- 19 oz Johnsonville Italian Sausage 1 pack of 5
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 5 hoagie buns
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- Grill sausage until fully cooked.
- While sausage is cooking, preheat a cooking pan over medium heat.
- Slice onion and pepper thinly. Add a little canola oil to the pan and add the veggies. Mix well and start cooking.
- Once veggies are softened, add salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and cook for a few more minutes.
- Take veggies off heat and place cooked sausage on the cutting board to cool down a bit.
- Preheat the broiler on low.
- Slice cooked sausage into think slices. Mix with veggies.
- Slice each hoagie in the middle but not all the way through. Divide sausage and veggies among the 4 hoagie rolls.
- Place two slices of Provolone cheese on top of each filled hoagie.
- Place hoagies on a baking sheet and on the oven under a low broil. Let the cheese melt. Once cheese is melted, your sandwiches are done!