These simple sausage hoagies are made with only 5 ingredients but taste amazing. Juicy sweet Italian sausage is grilled to perfection and combined with sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, gooey mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of oregano.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE HOAGIES
Every time I’m on the phone with my mom or my best friend, they ask me the same three things:
“How is the baby?”
“How is little man’s school?”
“Are you eating?”
Asking about the kids is totally expected, especially when you have a new baby at home. Asking if someone is eating might seem strange UNLESS you have a new baby. One of the first things a new mom forgets or does not have time to do is eat. Ever heard of “the new baby diet?” I was on one when I had my son. I was a first time mom and I was so busy figuring out how to keep the tiny little human being alive, I did not eat anything that required more than just grabbing and eating or anything that required more than one hand to eat.
With the second baby, I figured out a few things that I could do to keep myself and my family from starving. First of all, I froze quite a bit of prepared food so that I could quickly thaw and reheat. Second, I stocked my freezer with things like Johnsonville Italian Sausage and turkey breast.
This might sounds random but I have a perfect reason for each one. Turkey breast is super easy for me to pop into a baking dish with some lemon slices and pepper, and within an hour, I have some delicious, juicy turkey.
As for the Johnsonville sausage, it takes even less time to prepare and we have some delicious, juicy sausage to use in sandwiches, with a side dish, or even by itself. Hubs loves sausage almost as much as he loves bacon, so he is happy when I make anything with sausage.
SOME MORE RECIPES TO TRY
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Tomato Mozzarella Italian Sausage Hoagies
- 5 Johnsonville Sweet Italian sausages
- 5 Hoagies
- About 5 oz sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 10 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Dry oregano
- Grill sausage until fully cooked.
- Cut hoagies lengthwise but not all the way through. Brush inside each hoagie with the olive oil from the tomatoes. Dice the sun-dried tomatoes and divide them among all the hoagies, placing them evenly inside each one.
- Place each cooked sausage into the hoagie and top off each sandwich with two slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle some oregano on top of cheese and pop the sandwiches under the broiler for a few seconds, until cheese is melted.