Sweet, creamy, and soul-warming butterscotch hot chocolate for the whole family. This hot cocoa is made in a slow cooker, which is perfect keep the cocoa warm during family dinners and parties.
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Now that Thanksgiving is over, Christmas is in full swing! My best friend calls me “the crazy Christmas lady” but I am not even that bad. So many of my neighbors had their houses fully decorated and lit up the day after Thanksgiving (some even the day after Halloween), and I waited a full TWO days after Thanksgiving to get our tree and start decorating.
Last Sunday, we got our beautiful, fresh Christmas tree. The scent immediately filled the house and it truly started to feel like the holiday season has arrived. My absolute favorite part of the holiday season is the Christmas tree all lit up with twinkling lights and decorated with the most random ornaments. When it comes to our Christmas tree, it’s a memory in itself and not a perfectly organized and color matched house decoration.
We have ornaments that date 15 years back when my husband and I started dating. Each ornament means something different and each one has a memory attached to it. I love to sit next to the tree, look at my ornaments, and sip hot chocolate.
This year, I made us Butterscotch Hot Chocolate and I made it in a slow cooker. Making hot cocoa in a slow cooker is perfect because it will keep the whole big batch warm while we are leisurely enjoying the evening. I actually use my slow cooker quite often during the holidays. It’s perfect to keep hot cocoa, apple cider, and mulled wine warm during the parties. It’s also perfect to keep my meatballs warm during the parties.
There are many more hot cocoa evening in front of the Christmas tree to come. I can’t wait!
More Hot Drink Recipes You Will Like:
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Slow Cooker Butterscotch Hot Chocolate
- 8 cups whole or reduced fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- ~You may choose to use whole milk, reduced fast milk, or skim milk for this hot cocoa.
- Combine milk, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a slow cooker.
- Add dark chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir the mixture periodically and use a rubber spatula to make sure the chocolate at the bottom gets stirred well.
- You can serve this hot cocoa in a slow cooker set on "warm" setting.
- **You can double this recipe according to the amount of people you need to serve. This recipe will make about 10 servings.**
This hot chocolate is amazing! Warmed me right up!
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this
blog and I am inspired! Very useful information particularly the ultimate section :
) I deal with such info a lot. I used to be seeking this certain information for a
very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.
YUM! This hot chocolate looks so good and comforting – perfect for the winter ♥