Cheddar Ale Soup!!
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots
- 2 large carrots peeled and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 cup of Ale
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese preferably block
- Melt the butter in the pot on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and shredded carrots, cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced garlic and stir well.
- Sprinkle the flour, stir until combined and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ale, while stirring, and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the Worcestershire, milk, broth, salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 to 13 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Pour back into the pot, set the heat to medium-low.
- Add the cheese by the handful, stirring constantly (do not boil). Keep stirring until all cheese is melted.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Happy St. Paddy’s week! Check out a couple more ideas I have:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!