Add a little sunshine to your dinner with these bright and sunny crab cakes that also have little kick to them. These delicious crab cakes are made with fresh crab, sweetened with fresh mango, and served with sweet and spicy creamy sauce. A perfect treat for spring dinners.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
I hope everyone is enjoying this spring time and having a wonderful weather.
I love this time when the weather flip flop between cold and hot is over and scalding, humid heat of summer hasn’t began yet. Being in Florida, we don’t get a lot of the mild, low-humidity days so we really appreciate it. Little man and I spend as much time outside as possible, just enjoying the weather before it becomes intolerable.
I’ve been in a great mood because of this beautiful spring we’re having. That’s what the weather does to you, it can make or break your mood and it can inspire some delicious dinner ideas. Every season inspires baking and cooking recipes and spring inspired the prettiest dishes. It’s always bright, sunny, fresh, and flavorful.
On a beautiful Wednesday morning a couple of weeks ago, I decided to run over to the farmer’s market. Farmer’s markets are like a nice stroll in a park for me, except you end up leaving with a bunch of delicious goodies.
During my visit to the market, I scored some wonderful fresh seafood and some gorgeous fruit. I got myself some crab meat and scallops that were literally right off the boat. That’s the nice thing about living close to the coast, lot’s of fresh seafood.
The second I got home with my bounty, crab cakes were on the menu for lunch. I wanted to brighten them with sweet mango and of course, if you’ve got sweet, there needs to be a kick of spicy!
Spicy Mango Crab Cakes
- Crab Cakes:
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- About 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper depending on how much heat you want
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1/4 cup finely diced mango
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- Combine all the ingredients for crab cakes in a mixing bowl. Using a spatula, fold all ingredients together until completely incorporated.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. (You can use canola if you prefer.)
- Shape crab cake mixture into 4 crab cake patties. (You can make smaller portions and shape the mixture into 6 patties.)
- Cook crab cake patties until golden brown on each side. (5-7 minutes on each side or a couple of minutes less for smaller crab cakes.) Take off heat.
- Sauce: Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl until smooth and completely incorporated.
- You can top off the crab cakes with leftover mango if you had any left.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!