Incredible Shrimp Burger that you must be introduced to immediately. Juicy, flavorful patties made out of shrimp and veggies, and slathered in tasty easy guacamole.
Who doesn’t love guacamole? If you’re looking for the best guacamole recipe, you simply must try my Guacamole.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Avocados From Mexico. All the opinions and text are 100% my own.
A few years ago, I fell in love with a new food that I carefully tried to avoid for years. Up until about three years ago, I couldn’t even look at an avocado (and especially guacamole), let alone try it. What happened to change my mind, might you ask? Well, it was a family vacation. We had aunts and uncles visiting us from all over the country and we all rented a beach house.
Our New Mexico aunt and uncle love, love snacking on blue corn tortilla chips and guacamole. We often gathered around the kitchen island, talking, laughing, and snacking on “guac and chips.”
So amongst all the fun, I brought myself to try guacamole. At that moment, I realized what I’ve been missing and how delicious it was. Soon after, I worked on making my own guacamole recipe and that’s how my Amazing Guacamole Recipe was born. Not to toot my own horn, but it really is amazing! The fresh veggies and cilantro combined with the smokiness of the chipotle chili powder.
Recently, we had another visit from our New Mexico family and I was super eager to make my guacamole recipe for them. Out of everyone I know, they would be the best judges of not just the taste, but the authenticity. New Mexico has wonderful Mexican food and a rich Mexican-American culture. Being a New Mexico native, my uncle knows great Mexican food. That’s why they would be the first ones I’d turn to judge my Mexican cuisine inspired creations.
Personally, I can’t say that I know how guac tastes in Mexico, although I’m looking forward to finding out someday, but I’m sure that the way to start is to use fresh Avocados From Mexico. Avocados From Mexico are always fresh, delicious, and are in season year-round. They are best to represent the Spirit of Mexico.
I’m happy to report that my aunt and uncle really liked my guacamole. Another win for me!
I can confidently serve my guacamole at any Cinco de Mayo party. Fun, music, lots of colors, spirit, and of course, guacamole and margaritas are the basics of a Cinco de Mayo celebration. Everything else will just be a cherry on top.
And don’t forget to top off your nachos and tacos with some fresh, ripe Avocados From Mexico. Or, I have an even better idea, make some fantastic Shrimp Burgers and top them off with some smashed, sliced avocados. They will blow everyone away!
Now, let’s talk about these Shrimp Burgers…
Fair warning: make sure you are sitting down because they are so good, they will make your knees buckle. These juicy burgers are so full of flavor, they are bursting with veggies, cilantro, and of course, are made out of shrimp. On their own, these shrimp burgers are amazing, but put them together with a nice dollop of smashed avocado, and they become rock stars.
Avocado Shrimp Burgers
- Shrimp Burgers:
- 12 oz. raw shrimp
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 2 celery ribs sticks
- 1 green onion stalk
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 3 lg. garlic cloves
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves not packed
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Zest from ¼ lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper more or less depending on your spice tolerance
- 2 Tbsp. veggie oil for cooking
- Burger buns
- 2-3 tomato slices per 1 burger
- ½ Avocado From Mexico per 1 burger
- Mix in a little lemon juice pinch of chili powder and dash of cumin with ½ avocado meat.
- Pulse half of shrimp (6 oz.) in a food processor until very finely chopped. Scrape it out into a mixing bowl.
- Add yellow onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, green onion, and cilantro to the food processor, you may have to chop them into big chunks to fit better, and pulse a few times until diced. Scrape veggies into the same mixing bowl.
- Add remaining shrimp, lemon juice and lemon zest to the food processor and pulse a few times to chop. Scrape it out into the bowl.
- Add egg, mayo, bread crumbs, salt, and cayenne pepper to the mixing bowl. Mix everything well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add some veggie oil.
- Form burger patties that are about 4 inches in diameter and ½ inch thick. You will end up with 4-5 patties.
- Cook shrimp burger patties for 7-10 minutes on each side, until all done and firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, smash the avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add little bit of lemon juice, pinch of chili powder and a dash of cumin. Mix well. (Increase amount of avocado and spices in accordance to however many burgers you are preparing.)
- Build cooked shrimp burgers with some tomatoes on the bottom and a hearty dollop of smashed avocado on top.
- *Shrimp burger patties can be stored in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container. You can easily reheat them for a couple of minutes in a pre-heated cooking pan over medium heat. I do not recommend using a microwave to reheat them.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados From Mexico.