Soft, warm, delicious and most importantly, easy dinner biscuits flavored with fresh lemon and thyme and baked just in time for dinner.
How are your holiday plans going? Do you have a traditional holiday menu or do you like to mix it up and make something different and crazy every year?
In my family, we actually have both. For Thanksgiving, it’s 100% traditional menu with the same (exact) sides, turkey and dessert every year. Every…single…year. (Do you sense a little regret here in my tone?) Well, as much as I’ve tried to mix it up a little, no one would budge on the Thanksgiving menu. Tradition is tradition there.
Christmas though, that one is mine. My holiday to cook and we have it at my mom’s house. So I kick mom out of the kitchen (most of the time as she is kicking and screaming) and I take care of the dinner with some help from my little sister. That’s where I have full control of my menu and the kitchen. (I LOVE IT!) I serve something different every year. After all, menu planning is half the fun.
But you know, whether you are creating a traditional holiday menu or you are making new different dishes every year, I would bet that you have bread on the table. It wouldn’t be a holiday dinner without a basket of warm bread, fresh out of the oven right there, on the side of the table.
To tell you the truth, I can’t remember what kind of bread we have on Thanksgiving because I’m usually busy gnawing on a turkey leg. On Christmas though, I always make a different kind of bread to go with the theme on dinner that year. Sometimes I make dinner rolls, other times I make garlic bread or biscuits.
As crazy as it gets cooking an entire holiday dinner, I usually try to pick an easy recipe for bread. Last thing I need between meat, sides and salads, is worrying about over complicated bread or making my own yeast dough. (It’s a pain and I try to avoid it when I can.)
This year’s dinner biscuits are going to be both, fabulous and super easy! Best kind, right? Everyone will be reaching for these delicious, fluffy biscuits.
All I have to do is just grab a couple (or more) cans of Pillsbury Grands!® biscuits at Walmart, infuse them with this beautiful fresh flavor, pop them in a cast iron skillet and into the oven. In under 20 minutes, I have delicious bread to serve with my dinner.
Lemon Thyme Skillet Biscuits
- 16.3 oz 8 count Pillsbury Grands!® Homestyle biscuits
- Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325 and make sure your cast iron skillet is well seasoned. A 10 inch skillet fits 8 biscuits nicely. (If you don't have a skillet, get one because they rock! I'm kidding, you can use a baking tray or even a couple of cake baking pans.)
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle olive oil over sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add lemon zest and thyme in the bowl, somewhat spread out.
- Sprinkle some salt in the bowl as well.
- Open Pillsbury Grands biscuits and separate them. Roll each biscuits into a ball and add them to the bowl.
- Roll biscuits in the bowl, completely covering them in oil, lemon and thyme mixture.
- Once biscuits are completely coated, place them in the skillet and spread them out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn on the broiler for just a few seconds to get golden color on top. (I usually turn on my broiler for 1 minute with rack positioned in the center. You know your broiler strength best!)
- Serve right away.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.