These Salmon Burgers are simply perfection! Delicious salmon patty served on an onion roll, with picked, cheese and topped with caper dill sauce!
Oh my, what a fantastic sandwich this is!
I absolutely love salmon patties and making them into a burger is an AMAZING idea! They are so easy and really don’t take much time to make.
This is a perfect, flavorful salmon patty and it can be made on stove-top or on a grill. This burger is great on the grill. You would just have to make sure to use a grill basket or a fine grill topper of some sort. Trust me, as great as it is made in a pan, it’s that much better from the grill!
Aside from the wonderful salmon burger, my other favorite thing about this sandwich is the sauce. I’m a huge fan of capers and this caper/dill sauce it fabulous with salmon. It give this sandwich that extra pop of flavor.
MORE BURGER RECIPES TO TRY:
Chicken Ranch Burger from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Queso Burgers from The Recipe Critic
Double Double Animal Style Cheeseburger from Buns In My Oven
If you made any of my recipes and shared them on Instagram, make sure to tag me @willcookforsmiles and #willcookforsmiles so I can see all the things you tried!
Connect with Will Cook For Smiles!
Be sure to click below and follow me on my social media, so you never miss a recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
The Perfect Salmon Burger
- 10 oz salmon meat canned or pouches
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon - zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 4 Onion rolls
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 12 Pickle rounds
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced dill
- 1 Tbsp capers
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the salmon patties in a bowl and mix until all well combined.
- Preheat the oil in the pan on medium heat.
- divide the salmon mixture into 4 even patties. Shape the patties and cook on each side for about 6-8 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce while the patties are cooking. Mix mayo, lemon juice, capers, dill and salt in a small bowl.
- Build your burgers and don't forget plenty of sauce!