3 chicken breasts
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbs veggie oil (to saute mushrooms and onions)
sliced yellow onion
1/2 cup of butter
1. Cut the fat off the chicken breast.
Note the chicken breast size….
-If the chicken breast is large then you should cut the breast in half, width-wise.
-If the chicken breast is medium then you should butterfly it.
(To butterfly the chicken: start cutting the breast width-wise at the long side but do not cut all the way through. Stop cutting at about 1/8 of an inch left.
2. Cover the cutting board with saran wrap. Place the chicken breast in the middle of the saran wrap. Cover the chicken breast with another peace of saran wrap. Beat the chicken breast as thin and possible without ripping it. BE CAREFUL!Repeat with all the chicken breast halves (or butterflied).
-Pre-heat the oven to 350.
3. In a heated skillet add oil.
4. Saute the sliced mushrooms and sliced onion until completely cooked. Add a little but of salt and pepper. Set aside in a plate.
– In a deep plate mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In another deep bowl whisk the eggs and a little big of salt and pepper.
-Cut the butter stick in half. Then cut the half in four. 5. Lay the beaten chicken in the center of the board. Place the butter peace then about a tablespoon of the cooked mushroom/onion mix then about a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
6. Fold the chicken one side at a time. VERY CAREFULLY so it won’t rip. Pat and lightly press.
7. Carefully, batter the folded chicken first in crumb mixture then in egg mixture then in crumb mixture again.
8. Place the battered chicken into the baking pan.
9. Repeat steps with all the chicken breasts. Cover the baking pan with foil.
10. Bake the chicken covered in for about 30-40 minutes. Take off the foil. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.