This Homemade Whiskey BBQ Sauce is so delicious and super easy to make. Serve it with some easy baked chicken tenders as a tasty snack.
I think my kid will turn into a chicken tender one of these days. He loves his chicken tenders and chicken fries and it’s always a safe meal to give him, it’s pretty much a guarantee that he will eat. It’s good for grandparents because he is picky about eating when he is with them. Luckily, for me, he will pretty much eat anything I put in front of him. I don’t usually give him chicken tenders so he doesn’t get too tired of them, but once in a while I like to treat him to some nice homemade chicken tenders. They are easy, tasty and baked. I like to add some Parmesan cheese into breading for extra “yum.”
But as much as he loves chicken strips, he loves the dipping sauce even more. He loves ketchup and BBQ sauce only (not a fan of any white sauce.) I’ve actually caught him licking sauces out of the bowl after he was done with the chicken. I think it’s safe to say he likes it more than chicken.
I was a little unsure if he’d like this BBQ sauce since it’s whiskey flavored, but he love it! I loved it too and the whole jar is gone already. I’ve made some BBQ Chicken Ranch Calzones for the Super Bowl with this sauce and they were to die for! I’ve even been dipping pretzels in it.
It’s so tasty!
Homemade Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Whiskey BBQ:
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne more if you like more heat
- Salt fresh cracked pepper
- Heat up oil in a medium sauce pot, over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until transparent.
- Add whiskey and simmer, still over medium heat, for a few minutes.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients. Mix well and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Run sauce through a strainer.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight jar.
- 1.25 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp dry Parmesan cheese
- Salt fresh cracked pepper, garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- Salt fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease the baking sheet.
- In one wide bowl, whisk egg with some salt and pepper. In another wide bowl, mix bread crumbs, dry Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bread chicken strips by dipping them in bread crumbs, then egg, then bread crumbs again. Gently press breading onto the chicken.
- Lay breaded chicken tenders on the baking sheet and bake them for 11-13 minutes, then turn them over and bake for another 11-13 minutes.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Creamy Southwest Dipping Sauce from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Fry Sauce from Buns In My Oven
Avocado Fries w/ Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce from Adventures in Cooking
White BBQ Sauce from Call Me PMc
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!